1967 Dodge Dart Low Buck Build

-

sallad08

Reaction score
Recently got stationed here at Fort Bliss, Texas near El Paso and have been browsing Craigslist for a project car to keep me busy and satisfy my gear head/ grease monkey itch. Wasn't real particular on what I was searching for as long as it was complete, wasnt rusted all to hell, and wasnt a Ford haha. Stumbled across this low option /6 Dart. Wasnt anything special, but it was all there, it ran/drove, and was listed for a decent price of $2100. Needed a battery, the tires were pretty weather-checked, had a cracked windsheild, but it came with a car cover! :D I talked the guy down to $1800, bought a cheapo battery from WalMart, and drove it home. :burnout:
View attachment IMG_20131110_161907_849.jpg

View attachment IMG_20131110_161920_842.jpg

View attachment IMG_20131105_165907_108.jpg

View attachment IMG_20131105_165926_782.jpg

It drove really well on the way back. Had alot more power than I expected from the slant. Almost had a bad day when the cruddy tires started letting go (see picture) The only parts of the gauge cluster that work anymore are the speed/odometer and the temp gauge. Sunpro gauges were installed by the previous owner...in a piss poor spot where it was hard to view them (by the e-brake handle) I decided to move them and remove the inop Sony radio as the first order of business. The cut-out job on the radio area actually was pretty square and tight. Not bad except one little slit where they got carried away with the blade. Glovebox definitely needs some attention..not much left of it. I plan to remove the whole dash at some point to repaint it and dye the dash pad satin black.
View attachment IMG_20131110_161232_552.jpg

View attachment IMG_20131111_170411_112.jpg

View attachment IMG_20131111_140202_689.jpg

Yep, the joys of driving a vintage used car,lol. Welcome to FABO. Guy, you scored a good one. And THANK YOU ,for your service.

Yep, the joys of driving a vintage used car,lol. Welcome to FABO. Guy, you scored a good one. And THANK YOU ,for your service.
If you look closely, the vacuum line from the carb that is suppose to go to the advance on the dizzy is attached to the alternator...hmm. No need to thank me, it's my job! But it's my pleasure. Now, if only they paid me more so I could have nicer things..dream on, right?

-
Back