1967 Shelby GT500... What would you do?

-
So your dad bought it after the fire so it might have been his dream car, but no real personal connection.

If money isn't a problem and he has several months you might be able to get a junk yard or Craigslist car to get engine out of. But it would take some thrashing to get it done

You could contact overhauling and give them the story, but doubt there is time.

Really selling as is would be the best unless mom wants to keep it after dad is gone.

It would be a nice car if done

No matter what way you look at it , the car is worth a pretty good pay day , engine fire or not , engine change or not , and also rust free or not .And with all the Shelby dudes in the country restoring these cars , they have parts on hand to go back in this car , you can be assured of that . Somebody will pay good money for this car , it may take time possibly after the poor man passes , but it will go .Put a price on it the way it is till it sells , and do not give it away .

Yes indeed it would be expensive for sure, then have to build it .And Mopar is no different , i have seen many times on here 340,s complete, plus 340,s with transmission bolted to it go for 3500 to 5000 grand , and i cannot get 15 grand for my whole car numbers matching .And car is unrestored with 52000 miles .

Forget "rust free", because it's not. Any car that's burned rusts where there is bare metal REAL quick. So get rust free outta your head. Cause it ain't.

I would not assume this to be the case until pictures are shown.

thank you for the prayers and wishes.

my father has been in the hospital for the last few days. he was dehydrated and mineral depleted causing him to be delirious and very weak. he is doing better and hopefully will be able to come home in the next day or two.

these have been difficult times for sure, thankfully i have a great relationship with my family and live close enough to be able to see them almost daily.

obviously the car is not a a priority but i will get some pics up when i can.

thank you again.

thankfully may father has recovered from what was an infection. he's been doing better but had chemo yesterday so he will be wiped out for the next week or so.

i found a few crap cell phone pics i took earlier this year, mostly of the gutted interior. i will try to post them tonight or tomorrow.

thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.

-
Back