1968 big block barracuda laggy start up / cold start?

-

BIG-B-Barracuda

Reaction score
my 1968 barracuda 440 recently started having some start up issues.

i do not think this to be a cold start issue because it happens after its been running a while as well. its turns over very slow. almost like battery is dead. but last i checked battery was good and only about 1 1/2 old. could this be a starter relay issue? or ballast? distributor? bad coil? i will take battery to recharge to see if that could be the issue.

recently replaced the bulk head so that i imagine is all good and fine.

thanks guys.
:toothy1:

any one have any ideas. :farao:

:cheers:

A voltmeter can help diagnose. What is the battery voltage at the posts before you try starting? Good is often around 12.6V. Then with clip leads measure while cranking. Below 11V may indicate weak battery or corrosion at posts.

When running a voltage of 13.8V is good, lower may indicate charging problem, higher than 14.3V may indicate voltage drop problem in harness.

timing could be to far advanced it doesn't matter cold or hot if its getting fire it will be slow turning. just a thought you might want to check.

A voltmeter can help diagnose. What is the battery voltage at the posts before you try starting? Good is often around 12.6V. Then with clip leads measure while cranking. Below 11V may indicate weak battery or corrosion at posts.

When running a voltage of 13.8V is good, lower may indicate charging problem, higher than 14.3V may indicate voltage drop problem in harness.

Voltmeters confuse the life out of me. But i will look into it thanks for quick replies guys:coffee2:

-
Back