1968 valiant Air Shock/ Which Model

-

rebelkustoms

Reaction score
Hi All, spending the winter buying up parts for the 1968 Valiant. Noticed at the end of the season last year that there was a leak in the Gabriel Hijackers under my car. I am aiming to get some new ones (not up for discussion,I ran them for 13yrs I love them!) I dont remember where I got them or which model they are. Question is the ones I have jack the back up quite a bit when pumped up and I am a fan although I try not to get carried away. The ones that summit racing suggests as a fit say 13" depressed and 22" extended. also under the detail it says Raised:No Lowered:No Stock Height:Yes. My question is will these just get me to a level height when pumped or a little more jacked. Just worried if I don't like the height Summit may not take them back.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gab-49110/overview/year/1968/make/plymouth/model/valiant

I think what they are telling you is these shocks are for stock a vehicle. Not one that has been altered ride height wise..

Did you check the lines on your existing shocks?
It may be it is only the line leaking, and not the shocks

get a spray bottle with some soapy water and test the fittings first before spending the $ for new shocks. Why buy em if you don't have to? I have had the Hijackers and had no issues.

I did the spray test on a lift twice, checked schrader valve and all I got nothing. old ones are looking a bit dryrotted anyway and the have undercoating on them so I may as well replace.
See I sold this car when I was 19 and bought it back when I was 25, guy overloaded the trunk with crap and blew out the tires. THen he went and put Hi jackers on, which was one of the only wise things the idiot ever did to my car. SO if I had to guess he just went to the auto parts store and said here is the Y/M/M give me shocks. But I just wanted to check with some guys on here. Maybe I will call gabriel.

-
Back