706-540-4741
Was such an animal even offered?

That is really nice.

Rallye Dash
4-spd
Heater delete
AC delete
Buckets

It definitely has a lot of cool stuff. From the factory? IDK, doubt it.

In 68 the rallye dash was factory installed in a number of valiants because of a lack of regular valiant dashes sometime that year. There was a service bulletin letting the dealership mechanics know this if one of these ever rolled into the shop. Not sure if the regular style dash shortage was because of a union strike or not, but whatever it was, it made for some cool dashes in regular ole valiants.

Now as far as the 4 speed, and A100 seats, that is prob not stock.

We all know that Ma Mopar did strange things.I always say never say never when it came to the factory and what was done to push these cars out the door.My 68 4 door Valiant came with factory bucket seats. You can see the reinforcement plates in the photos.This car was complete and un-molested down to the dealer installed clear seat covers that was popular back then.

Attachments

• IMG_2191.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_2193.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_2195.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 476
When I saw the s/s risers, I kinda raised an eyebrow. But, the concept of a "business coupe"..............did they or didnt they........shoud ask for a photo of the fender tag.

Just a home made restified/modified "what if" car.

Made up 408 stroker and hurst emblems. But the Super Stock seats and no back seat idea is from the Hemi Dart/Barracuda. A radio was always an OPTION. So nothing big deal there. Heater block off plate should be a solid piece. That one pictured is just the heater ring with a filler in the middle.

The crayon marks in the engine compartment are to fool the causal dad walking through the local cruise-in with his kids in tow. Totally made up, never had markings or that big right there.

In 1968 some valiants did get Rallye dashes. There was some sort of manufacturing or supply problem with the standard dash. There is a Plymouth Tech bulletin that cover that.

the "1 of 25 made in this color" makes you think they are talking about the whole car. But it's just that color. Which is a fleet color. Many of these were built for telephone inspector and other ulitility company and government agency vehicles.

Anyways....No way on earth someone should be dumb enough to pay $36K for that. It's nice and desirable. But not $36K nice and desirable.

Car actually looks familiar. There were a rash of 67-69 Valiant sleepers built around 1999 and 2004 in California.

Business coupe! Haven't heard that term used for a while and usually describing 5 window coupes in the 30's-early 50's. It looks like it could have been a telephone company vehicle.

Damn, didn't see the seat risers. It sucks gettin' old.Yeah just something someone put together.

Neat car! But the stance begs the question - Is it 4WD? ;-)

:rolleyes:you can always tell when a chevy guy gets his hands on a mopar way over priced and not numbers matching WTF 36,500 more like 15,000 to 18,000 there is not one thing on this car that make it any bit original . but it is done nice. sorry I just had to say it .

If it were done 100% original with /6 3spd or 273 2bbl I bet it would sell for less. And certainly be a lot less fun.

People pay for cars done like this. But the ones that bring that money and beyond are E-bodies, early B-body sedans,etc

I'm curious about the rear quarter windows. Solid or roll up/down? If they are solid, where did the gasket come from?

IF, I F its a true business coupe, the rear quarter windows will not roll up/down. Curious here.....did the '68 S/S roll up/down? AND, yeah, he must be in Colorado gittin' rocky mountain HIGH with the price. And, a radio antena but radio delete?

-
Back