1969 'Cuda 340 Rear Brake Drums

-

pa karp

Reaction score
I ordered rear brake shoes and brake drums for my 1969 '340 Cuda. The shoes are 10 x 1 3/4 which is correct. The drums I received are 9 x 2's.

The parts store can not find 10 inch drums. What is correct for the car, the 9's or the 10's? Confused.....

Pa karp

9" is believe is only on a 7.25 rear with 9" front drums.

10"

Rock Auto has them.

Thanks, Gerald. Rock Auto does have them. It is kind of confusing, they are listed under the disc brake option.

They are ordered.

Pa karp

I think you can order for 68 dart gts and it will come up 10 inch also.

They do not have the big bell lips like the originals but they fit fine.

Did you order the Wagners?

Thanks, Gerald. Rock Auto does have them. It is kind of confusing, they are listed under the disc brake option.

They are ordered.

Pa karp

I was looking at them at Rock and I couldn't tell if they were front or rear drums. If they are rear drums be sure and post the information because 10" rears are about impossible to find.

I just got a call from Rock Auto, they are out of stock and do not know when they will get more in. My order has been cancelled!

They were the only place I could find them. Back to square one!

I can get by for awhile with what I have. They do need to be replaced.

Any ideas? I would take a used pair as long as they could be ground and still would be in spec.

Pa karp (Curt Rees)

Wagner BD60123

Keep searching they are still out there.....

There's been a bunch of threads lately that go exactly this same way. Looking... RockAuto has them... no, wait they don't... help!

I started one of those threads, and Oklacarcollecto sent me looking at ebay, where I found and bought some. They still turn up there occasionally. Or, look for some used ones, they turn up here often enough.

If your main goal is not to keep the car totally original, I would ditch them and go BBP, to prevent the entire headache. If I didn't want to keep my car as close to original as possible, at least externally/visually, that's what I would have done.

I just got a call from Rock Auto, they are out of stock and do not know when they will get more in. My order has been cancelled!

They were the only place I could find them. Back to square one!

I can get by for awhile with what I have. They do need to be replaced.

Any ideas? I would take a used pair as long as they could be ground and still would be in spec.

Pa karp (Curt Rees)

That is what I was afraid of. The information on their website just didn't make since.

Good luck with that (see the post #13... this has come up in the other threads as well). Do a search here on the forums for "BD60123" and you will see some of the many recent threads about this exact same subject.

I think the aftermarket would step up if enough inquiries were recorded.
Problem with that ? The retail vendors. From what I've been told, none of them track or record inquiries.
Owners would need to petition a supplier like Wagner directly to get them produced.
That's the only way I know to make these drums available to every part store.

Well, I found the "Hen's teeth", should have the correct drums in a week or so.

The project continues....

Curt

Gotta believe that after finding your old car then being able to aquire it a couple little brake drums were not going to stump you.

Well, I found the "Hen's teeth", should have the correct drums in a week or so.

The project continues....

Curt

Sweet, so where did you end up finding some? The usual sources, or you didn't uncover some thus far unknown secret stash, did you? :)

They're still out there, just not usually the simple parts store order anymore.

Thanks to FABO, another member came through for me! I think I have found all the parts I need, I still have to order some.

Gerald, maybe i should be a "sleuth" for NSA...except I don't have the green eye shades or the yellow sunglasses! lol

Pa karp

Had this problem,a few years back. That Wagner part number, was hard to find in 2007. Finally found a good used one.

Look up " Mopar rear drum 10" 1 3/4 " on eBay .theres a guy selling them on there. They ain't cheep but u can get them.

-
Back