1969 'cuda 383 4-speed

-
Mr. "Cuda Dad", i can only say that i am so happy for you that your car is FINALLY finished!! i hope you "live" in that beautiful car all this summer!!

My car is scheduled to be delivered in a couple of days. Once the weather gets better I would like to take the car out and run down there.

View attachment 1716040578
Just read this entire thread. What a journey. Seeing your car would be like meeting a celebrity (except better). So, what part of NC are you in?

Beautiful part of the state. Hope your car arrived safely. I was just looking for some Mopar events coming up.

Piedmont Mopars Fun Run @ Farmington Dragway 5-13-23​

Mopars at The Rock on 4-8-23​

It's a beauty man! Enjoy every moment with it. Don't forget to flash us some pictures.

Great episode. Keep us up to date. Looking forward to seeing you getting it back home.

Good news for you @cuda dad. Car looks Gorgeous! I bet rowing some gears is going to bring big smiles!

Would love to meet up some time and share some stories!

I watched a recent rerun of GYC's about their Mango Orange AAR with the Hellcat crate engine and there were a number of shots of your blue Cuda. i paused the video and took pictures off the screen of your car. i've got a a 69 383 4 speed fastback Cuda and a 69 M-Code 440 fastback and i'm collecting all the pics of your car as reference. i hope you get hours and hours of enjoyment out of the car this summer!

Yeah all the episodes over the last year always have the blue fastback in the background. Apparently they think its a cool background car cause every episode there it is clearly seen in the background.

I'd be interested to know what option code that is for the switch/speakers and was that an option for all three 1969 Barracuda body styles?
After further investigation, the rear speakers were optional as dealer installed! I would assume there are not many out there.

Rear Speaker Option.JPG

073.jpg

I recently started watching GYC. Good to see they seemed to have dropped the drama BS but Mark's obsession with movie quotes and factory option code quizzes gets tiring.

Since he likes to get things 100% correct. Now would be a good time to bust his balls about the dash. 1969 Barracudas had the center dash bezel blacked out as pointed out to me by another member here. I'll give Worman some leeway as this is his first A-body but right now chrome vs. black is 100% wrong.
Here is the dash after they blacked out the pods. You can see the speaker control to the right of the lighter.

066.jpg

After further investigation, the rear speakers were optional as dealer installed! I would assume there are not many out there.

View attachment 1716045159

View attachment 1716045160
A rear behind the seat speaker and only one on the passenger side! Up higher than this pic shows. Does it really matter? I think not if unless you expect a 2M dollar return.

I welded in patches, for the previous owners sins and used the Deluxe carpet over the wheelhouse covers to hide it, and in retrospect it was time wasted!

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!! When did it arrive? When does the road test begin?
It showed Tuesday night. I was hoping to get some good pictures before posting much but the cat is out of the bag. As far as road test, I drove it straight to my storage about thirty minutes away.

On your rear speaker
Is the passenger side rear air and driver side is the speaker?

-
Back