1969 Dart 340 Auto Transmission Mount

-

jhawk

Reaction score
I replaced my busted transmission mount and the new one is taller and now the passenger side of the tail shaft hits the floor bracing. Before I go bashing in the brace are there any shorter mounts out there?

Thanks,
Jim

There are 2 (technically 3, the 3rd being the spool mount crossmember) trans cross members, one (67 thru 69) with 1/2" thru bolts and one (70 till spool mounts (73 up) became the norm) with 3/8" thru bolts.
[WANTED] - 904 transmission crossmember

My understanding is one crossmember has the insulator mounting surface raised higher than the other, I don't know which is which but I do have a confirmed 67 with 1/2" bolts I can measure.

@Oldmanmopar will know.

According to rock auto there is only one insulator for 67 thru 72 A Body and they all have 2272 in their part number.

So if you got a new insulator that is taller perhaps it is for the wrong application?

1710798964397.png

Thanks man. I have the one pictured. It is about a 1/4 of an inch taller than the one that came out. Maybe just production tolerances? After messing with the alignment and what not I have about a 1/16 of an inch clarence. I'll probably just by a couple more mounts and see if they fit better.

Thanks,
Jim

Post some pictures. You must have something else wrong. Same mount insulator for all. The difference in height is due to the weight of the trans sitting on the original mount for 50 years . I have some the are almost 1/2 inch shorter by eye, They are very old, wore out, and shot.

-
Back