1969 DART CUSTOM FULL RESTORATION

-
The car came out amazing. The craftsmanship is truly inspirational and the outcome shows the dedication you have to the hobby. I look at your thread for ideas and thank you for sharing your adventure. Right on!!
Cheers!!

Looks great. Great work and a really cool build. I have always loved F8 and had a few F8 Darts. My 67 Should be close to yours! Going F8 with a 440 in my 67 but will take ten years haha. Great job. It's a beautiful car.

Jason just won a couple awards with it last weekend. The car looks and runs great! On the way home from the show he pulled away from our friend John's stroked 70 Hemi Challenger!

34881855_2162749463741679_7635729133846134784_n.jpg

Last edited:
you will fill the trunk up with trophies and plaques. I asked / kidded Mike ( Badlilred) when I saw his beautiful red Duster with all his trophies prominently displayed in the trunk of his car..... "are those for an upcoming softball tournament???" . I bet there was 12 or 15 big awards.

hope ya have lots of drool towels too.
Congrats.

BTW....you bringing the Dart to the Nats?

Thank you FJ5 Duster for updating everyone! Sorry I've neglected this site I have been very busy at work this year! Yes I did win a couple trophies at the HPAC car show and that was a great feeling for sure! Thank you all for your support and kind words!!!

you will fill the trunk up with trophies and plaques. I asked / kidded Mike ( Badlilred) when I saw his beautiful red Duster with all his trophies prominently displayed in the trunk of his car..... "are those for an upcoming softball tournament???" . I bet there was 12 or 15 big awards.

hope ya have lots of drool towels too.
Congrats.

BTW....you bringing the Dart to the Nats?

Ha ha ha it's nice but not Hemi Denny nice! I will say a green dart does stick out in the crowd especially in "sleeper" mode. I got several comments about the sleek stock sleeper look! BTW... I couldn't believe I pulled On John's 70 472 Hemi Challenger from a 60-130 roll lol!!

Denny shoot me your number whereas Nats is closing in on us soon! Yes, I'd love to put my car in your tent and I think John would like to enter his 68 aluminum 572 hemi dart as well!

-Take care

Might not seem like much but I finally ordered the cluster circuit boards and got them installed tonight. I finally have a working fuel gauge!!! Sometimes it’s the small things lol.

I was going to order the underhood a/c kit before Nats in Ohio but I decided I don’t want to tear into it at this point.

So... if any of you are at Nats swing by Hemi Denny’s tent and say hi!!

Thank you all for following this build. I’ll update in a month or so with a/c intact!

Jason

8F774056-E1B7-4395-BFF8-258E1D8C34EE.jpeg

Might not seem like much but I finally ordered the cluster circuit boards and got them installed tonight. I finally have a working fuel gauge!!! Sometimes it’s the small things lol.

I was going to order the underhood a/c kit before Nats in Ohio but I decided I don’t want to tear into it at this point.

So... if any of you are at Nats swing by Hemi Denny’s tent and say hi!!

Thank you all for following this build. I’ll update in a month or so with a/c intact!

Jason

View attachment 1715206635
Cluster looks nice and bright!
Where did you get dash cluster circuit board from?
I've been thinking of having some custom ones made, but having the light sockets changed out to LEDs. My biggest concern with having some made is if I'll be able to find the pins for the wiring connectors.

My recommendation is uncoated or "non" water proof 12V # 5630 flexible dimmable LED light strip because it will bend tighter in the corners, and isnt in a moisture prone environment like an outdoor patio application. Ebay, Multiple colors, blue, red, green, natural light, bright white, purple dimmable. Every 3 segments has a cut line and solder pads so you can cut it down as needed.

I chose green, would have preferred a lighter shade of bluegreen like factory bulbs, but its not available. I lined my gage housing with it after buying LED bulbs and having a lot of bright and dim spots in my rallye cluster similar to factory bulbs. I wanted uniform brightness with no dim spots.i soldered the LED wire leads to a light socket, and plugged it into the circuit board.

Polarity sensitive, i recommend a 9v battery and test leads to test your gage lighting on the workbench to light em up before installing the cluster. Negative lead to cluster case ground. This way if they dont light, just swap the leads.

Hope this helps
Matt

downloadfile-9.jpg

20151110_194057.jpg

20151110_190709.jpg

Last edited:
CrOoKs i think yours would look tits up if they were lit up in green. I have some of the green LED strip left. PM me if interested

Just want to say this car is top notch! I am really amazed at this build and the end results show the workmanship put into it. Kuddos!

Just want to say this car is top notch! I am really amazed at this build and the end results show the workmanship put into it. Kuddos!

Thank you very much! It’s been a fun car to take the family out cruising in! I appreciate it!

CrOoKs i think yours would look tits up if they were lit up in green. I have some of the green LED strip left. PM me if interested

I might consider it in the future. It’s such a pain to get the cluster out I hope I don’t have to do it again!!

Cluster looks nice and bright!
Where did you get dash cluster circuit board from?
I've been thinking of having some custom ones made, but having the light sockets changed out to LEDs. My biggest concern with having some made is if I'll be able to find the pins for the wiring connectors.

I got it from vansautollc they are pretty decent pieces. I thought they could’ve been a tad nicer (cleaner solder) at the wiring terminals.

Thank you!

I am looking forward to catching up with you this weekend. This will no doubt be a memorable year at the Nats........Jason and Butch a.k.a. The California Flash!

I am looking forward to catching up with you this weekend. This will no doubt be a memorable year at the Nats........Jason and Butch a.k.a. The California Flash!

Wish I could make it up there and meet up with you guys. Maybe Jason and I will run into each other at a more local event!

What an amazing thread!!! My 16 yr old bought a 69 dart too that looked great from the outside but rotten on the inside. It’s our first project so we are learning lots and taking our time!!

191B6ADA-3732-4DE8-B3EA-D1293E69BF4B.jpeg

94CF6FC6-3520-490D-819C-1B055F97FD54.jpeg

31A63345-38AC-442F-9EE1-4104E2FF60C2.jpeg

0445666A-1603-41DB-9AC7-E076831D9018.jpeg

9D5AD1C8-C23B-423C-A3A8-BF16EAD01C7B.jpeg

-
Back