1969 Dart side molding clips?

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Hey guys:

I'm putting together my latest cheap 4-door beater, this one a '69 Dart Custom with the wide side molding down the center. I scabbed on a quarter section to replace wreck damage. In the collision I assume the original piece of trim between the rear door and the end of the rear fender flew off, but the clips all remained on the car. The clips, except the rearmost, are plastic as shown, with a push-pin arrangement that locks the clip into the hole in the quarter panel. The rearmost is a metal clip with spring wire.

Those plastic clips look original but the book calls for 14 fasteners and 14 screws(for both sides). Plus, that car has been rear-ended many rears ago hard enough that the quarters, trunk lid and right rear door had to be repaired, so I'm not sure if those are the OEM clips. Sorry to drag it out but, are these the original style clips? Can I find them anywhere?

Thanks.

IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_0986.JPG

Those are original clips, or at least original style clips. If I remember right, the rear one probably looks kinda like an airplane propeller with a grasshoppers leg on it...lol. It has a screw that goes thru a hole in the 1/4 and you nut it on the inside. Try R/T Specialties, as suggested above. Tom is a one-man band, and it's hard to get him on the phone, but will usually call you if you leave a message or e mail him your number. Good luck.
:thumbsup:

-
Back