1969 Dart Swinger Value

-

AlpineValley

Reaction score
Hoping someone can chime in here and help a little...

Any ballpark ideas of what a 69' dart swinger 340 4 speed is worth?

-motor/tranny out & in pieces (#'s matching)
-needs rear lower quarters
-gutted interior but has everything
-has buckets instead of original bench
-no air cleaner/exhaust manifolds
-original paint

Thanks!

Attachments

• 69dart.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 366
No doubt! PICS! I'll say mayyybe $3000, and that's if the only rust is in those lower quarters (which I sort of doubt). I myself wouldn't pay $3000 though. The fact that the interior was gutted I find annoying.

I wouldn't even venture to guess without seeing the floor pans, trunk pan , or the rails. it could be solid , it could be swiss cheese. that alone is the difference between a 1500 dollar car and a 5000 dollar car

Age old question. What are they asking for it?? Or is it yours and you are selling?

For $7,500 you can get nice running driving Mopar. Around here in southeast Kansas a car like that usually gets posted for $1,500-$2,000 but they end up settling for half the asking price after 4-6 months.

He is out of his mind. You will put 20,000 plus into that car by the time you are done. Find one that is reasonably priced or just buy one that is already done.

have him drag the heap across the block at barret jackson and see what he gets. i get so sick of all the sellers thinking they have a 10k car. because they bring that much after a full resto.

Anybody have any idea how many 69' swinger 340 4 speeds were made??

Total production numbers for the Swinger 340 at a bit over 16,000 units, split almost evenly between automatics and four-speeds; Dart GTS production was 6,700 and change.

The car is worth 5k all day long IMO (numbers matching and all), last I checked you can't go to Wally World & buy one...

I agree you cant just go out and buy one of these Swingers anymore, but I think $7500 is too much.. maybe $5k, but im not totally sold on that either.. need to see more of the car.. if the lower quarters are gone, its a good chance that it will need trunk floor extensions, outer wheelhouses, and possibly inner rockers.. (lord knows mine needed that stuff) the numbers matching 340 4spd Swinger part is the only thing potentially keeping the value up some.. imho

As I told him last week it depends if the motor is original or if it has been replaced. Best check it out real close before spending $5000.00 on it.

That is also very true! An original block is useless if it can not be rebuilt and used again

7500 is WAY too steep for a car in pieces.

There have been nice cars out here that run and drive in the 6500-10000 range.

It's a 3500-5000 car depending on what it needs.

3000 max if the interior is clean. 5000 maybe in great running condition

7500 is WAY too steep for a car in pieces.

There have been nice cars out here that run and drive in the 6500-10000 range.

It's a 3500-5000 car depending on what it needs.

I agree.

I'm thinking way closer to the lower number with it all apart and misssing expensive exhaust manifolds and air cleaner.

In late 2007, I bought a 69 Swinger 340, numbers car with automatic that was completely disassembled. The car was a west coast car and had ZERO rust. The bodyshop that sold it to me had done all the bodywork, and block sanded it almost to perfection, and it was in primer. The interior, although it was out of the car was in PERFECT shape. All the car needed was to prep the wheelwells, undercarriage, and inside the trunk for paint, paint the car and reassemble it. Parts that were missing on the car was the original am radio, the air filter housing and some small bracket that I can't remember right now.
I paid $7000 for it, and had to drive from CT to PA to get it home.

Granted, this was late 2007, but I sold the car in 2009 completely restored for $22,500.

Hope this helps.

George

-
Back