-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Beck

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
500 SE 2 dr. w/factory A/C. 383 w/650 Holly and dual exhaust all original except for new carb. replaced, fluids and tires. 1 owner since purchase 1968. 130,013 miles always garaged. Light green ext. dark green interior w/ dark green vinyl top. Asking $120,000.

69 Chargr aft sht (1).jpg

69 Chargr aft sht (2).jpg

69 Chrgr dash view (2).jpg

69 Chrgr dash view (1).jpg

I was told by someone at Dodge that this was a 500 body style? It is an SE (Special Edition) probably because it had AC and the 383
as the standard engine then was a 318 w/ 2 brl. The '69s with 440s or Hemi's were R/Ts or S-Bees or something else. I bought this
as my new brides car before going to Vietnam and was selling my car, '58 Ford 500 2 dr HT w/352 PI 3 spd O& U. I was already
offered $65,000. some years back and have had appraisals closer to $100,000. It is original so vinyl top and around rear window
will need some attention but I was told best to leave it original if selling. As we finally have sunshine here in Rainier WA. I may take it out of garage and get a couple full pics to post but it has never been wrecked and only rt wing window replaced as a thief broke it out to
steel my 8 track tape player dealer installed in 1969 :>(

It does NOT have a 2 brl to 4 brl carb. adaptor. It has a new factory 650 Holly that I replaced the original 650 Holly with as it would
not run smooth and my mechanic said it wont tune right as the 'jets' or something were messed up probably during a dealer tune.
I have NOT had it back to a dealer since and have never had a problem since either. If I can't do it my mechanic does it.
I scratch my head too sometimes when I see '68s and '69s sell for $150,000. or more over last several years and there are not many left (mostly parts) as they were used by racers in local racers as everyone loved the strong body style. Offers considered. Chrgr69

The fender tag tells the story. This is not an SE car as the A47 code is missing from the tag.

E61: 383-2 barrel
D32: 727 automatic
XP29GB: 1969 383-2 barrel Charger built in Hamtrack, MI

The rest of the options are fairly mundane: buckets, console, tach, light group, AM/FM radio, air conditioning, triple green. One of approximately 17,500 Chargers built in 1969 with the low-po 383.

I could be mistaken on the SE part. I just came back from garage and pulled car cover off and did not see SE. I used to also own an
identical '68 Charger that was blue w/white top and a same color '70 Charger with a 318 ci 2 brl and one of those may have been SE.
Just because I have owned one for 48 years I do not claim to be an expert on Dodge or Mopar anything as I have also owned over
40 other vehicles new and used in past 50 years; this being my 1st new car and I happen to still have it in my garage. I will try to get
full pics over this weekend for post and view. This is as good of a clean 'garage find' v dirty 'barn find' as I have ever seen anywhere. Chgr69

LovetheA's sounds like someone who knows how to read fender plates and that is why I posted pic. of it. You are correct. I recall
my new bride picking the car as green was her favorite color. I wanted a 4 brl and dual exhaust and the sales manager said 'give me until Monday (it was a Sunday afternoon) and I'll give you both what you what and the price will still be $4,047. I am sure he
swapped out a 4 brl and intake from another Charger on his lot as he had a dozen of them but only this one in green and it was easier
and cheaper to swap a couple parts than repaint and more! The good thing is I never had a problem using just regular gas as this is not
the 383 HP as the '68 was and had to use premium gas or it pinged if not. If this was a dirty, bent & scratched up rusty '69 $35.-40.k would be a fair price. I have a standing offer now and if I don't get something more I can always take the bird in hand. Chrgr69

I appreciate all the info. as I stated I do not claim to know everything Dodge, Charger or Mopar. I have what I have. The 500 front looks just like the '68 I had except rear of mine had the 4 round taillights but same front grill. My '70 looked like this front and rear but was not a 500 or SE and had the same window as my '69. Maybe it depends on the time of year it rolled off the assembly line? Like I said I will get more pics in next few days and add them. I am old, shot up, do not get around to quickly anymore and just getting rid of what I can not take care of anymore as there is only me and my 3 cats and they only keep the mice and birds out off garage. Chrgr69

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's keep in mind this is in the "classified" section.

Respondants:
  1. You may NOT post commentary in this forum.
  2. You MAY post relevant questions about the item being sold.
  3. Do not negotiate price in the ad. Do this by PM.
  4. No flaming of sellers or their products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back