1969 Dodge Dart 1/4 Window Issues

-

tallzag

Reaction score
Putting the 1/4 windows back into a 69 Dart that I unfortunately did not take apart so trying to put together this jigsaw puzzle. Got everything back in like I think it's supposed to be but when you roll the window down with the stainless on the front of the back glass ends up hitting the front track as it's going down. It'll scratch the window even without the stainless. It almost looks like the window needs to go more towards the outside of the car but I can't see any adjustment to do that. My first thought was that maybe a track was bent but it's the same on both sides. Here are a couple of pictures, are those yellow spacers the correct ones to attach the glass to the bottom piece? They are big enough where it looks like they move the window too much to the inside of the car. Anybody have a together car they could look at?

Attachments

• IMG_3675.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_3676.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3677.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 143
The forward top 7/8" nut needs to be loose and then you can turn the 7/16" inner bolt to adjust the glass in or out. I just did mine, 73 Dart. Taker time but you can do it.

-
Back