1969 Dodge Dart GT side trim without the black?

-

skep419

5.9 Magnum 4 speed afficionado
Reaction score
Anybody have a picture or seen one with it?
I'm going to be painting the engine bay this summer and have to decide on a color. The car was sunfire yellow with a black vinyl top.
ebay149824915251068.jpg

1969-dodge-dart-convertible-1.jpg

I'm not digging the black trim. Thinking it would look better with bare aluminum trim. Not going to put the vinyl top back on just paint the entire car yellow.

I really like the black trim on my red car but don't think it looks as nice with yellow.
maxresdefault.jpg

004_30.jpg

Last edited:
Personally, if you were keeping the black top I would keep the black inset on the trim- ties it all together. Without the black top, I would eliminate the trim all together. I think a trim that wide would be too much silver without the black inset, especially that high on the body. Rocker trim would be a different story...

Personally, if you were keeping the black top I would keep the black inset on the trim- ties it all together. Without the black top, I would eliminate the trim all together. I think a trim that wide would be too much silver without the black inset, especially that high on the body. Rocker trim would be a different story...

Ditto. Are you keeping the top and if so what color? It would look good on a bright yellow car. What kind of shape is the trim in now, if it needs a bunch of work I'd fill the holes and move on.

5297289-IMG_0049.small.jpg

I would like to paint the entire car yellow. The trim is in ok shape.

It looks good with the Sunfire Yellow and black top.

Oddly if my GTS had these this is what it would look like and without the black top it just looks lacking to tie it all in.

upload_2020-4-27_11-34-22.png

If I ditched the stripe and filled the holes I would probably make it a swinger clone over a gts clone.
55651083_5119398465704_Original.jpg

I have the same car, 69 GT. It had a vinyl top (now gone) that miraculously did not rot underneath it. The side trim is not going back on, I'm going to fill all the holes for a smooth look. Many ways to skin this cat, but I just couldn't get warmed up to that wide trim.

Just sold a set of the trim to a guy who had been looking for it for years. If you decide to leave it off, give someone else a shot at it, very desireable to the right person...

I have 2 69 dart GT's and the other one will keep the trim. Will keep it for spare parts in true mopar hoarding fashion.
et3yt155x7f41.jpg

One of the coolest things about 69 GT cars is that trim. Keep it. It will look great on a yellow car with or without a black top.

to Halfafish, i'm sorry i saw you replied my post but can't acces it neither my former posts....

-
Back