1969 Dodge Dart Pro-Street 440

-
like you said nothin a little leather wont fix. spraybomb the dash, get some thin leather at your local craft store they usually have leather dye right next to it. just use some contact cement on one edge. next day get the center wet/moist so you can stretch it a little then glue the second edge and clamp it down. or you could use rattlesnake hide if you find one big enough

that green/green is weird but hopefully your car dont get weird like this other purple dart LOL
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=267942

I'd highly recommend keeping the windshield glass & the doors if you're going to drive it on the street. Makes life much easier when you can roll the doors down.

like you said nothin a little leather wont fix. spraybomb the dash, get some thin leather at your local craft store they usually have leather dye right next to it. just use some contact cement on one edge. next day get the center wet/moist so you can stretch it a little then glue the second edge and clamp it down. or you could use rattlesnake hide if you find one big enough

that green/green is weird but hopefully your car dont get weird like this other purple dart LOL
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=267942

Yea man thats the game plan. Im going to copy what this guy did.

http://www.myrideisme.com/Blog/custom-dash-1967-barracuda/

Being a pilot im ised to staring at more gauges than that so i may be adding way more lol

I'd highly recommend keeping the windshield glass & the doors if you're going to drive it on the street. Makes life much easier when you can roll the doors down.

Yea i hear ya. Nothing stopping me from using 1/4 in lexan. That would fit in the window track and allow me to roll them down too. Im mor worried of them getting scratched to hell from the wipers and putting them up and down all the time.

Gains, end caps made and installed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 470
Gauge set up. I want to recess the tach speedo like this...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 445
But i got different layout workin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 466
Got the floor and firewall kit today yeayyyyyyy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 427
Test fitting pannels

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 427
Trunk floor! For the first time since 93!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 432
Can you see the problem i ran into? If i put the trunk floor ontop of the 4 link rails, i only have 1" between it and the the bottom of the trunk, so i would have to have a short fat, pancake like gas tank. And im pretty sure the nhra rule book telss me to mount the fuel sump and fuel pumps below the frame rails. So if i mount the trunk floor under the rails i lose that ability, and create a place for the fuel to pool if it leaks.:banghead:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 437
I see you have a parts inspector / job supervisor / quality control engineer :D

we know who really wants a ride in the dart

View attachment image.jpg

some people use a fabricated tank under the floor like stock, some use a fuel cell on top of the trunk floor, some use one that goes half above/half below.

then you need a firewall between the trunk compartment/interior compartment

might get ideas here:
http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/bigmike540/media/2012-10-17234644.jpg.html

and here:
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=7584318

I see you have a parts inspector / job supervisor / quality control engineer :D

we know who really wants a ride in the dart

View attachment 1714764700

some people use a fabricated tank under the floor like stock, some use a fuel cell on top of the trunk floor, some use one that goes half above/half below.

then you need a firewall between the trunk compartment/interior compartment

Hahahahah yup, she workin in quality comtrol right now, notice the teeth bites in the box and the pile of shedded bubble sheet shes standing in lol.

Ta da. Dashboard. Well theres still alot of things to do it it, but its cut, it fits, so cant complain. I left the ash tray door oppen, its missing anyway, i want to make it a small glove box, something to hide a cell phone charger, the regestration... That kinda stuff.

I had a 70' cutlass before with a cut exahust and no raido. Great to impress friends and show off at events, but ssuucckkeed to get into after the movies at 2100 and VVEERROOMM the car starts up and your like omg shhutt up :violent1::violent1::banghead: so something to keep the i player going will b premo!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 394
So this is how the install starts, make a mark on the frame every 2" and find the distance to the fender on each tick mark you made. Make a cardboard template of the pannel first, the monster box the stuff came in works great! Had to make a special piece there in the corner to fit the rockerpannel with out cutting out the inner frame rails and pinch welds.

Then i would trace the cardboard on the steel, cut and fit. Eazy peazy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 388
Srry wrong pic, this is the template pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 434
Tada first one fit like it was sopposd to. Powerblock tv and project prime time, their 70 dart, said to leave a 1/4 in gap for the body sealer so the body can flex and you dont warp the pannels like a empty soda can. I think thats a little to far so ill close the gaps a little more on the next few.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 443
Left and right in

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 386
Again i copyed the power block guys, mounting theese to where the trunk floor used to be and connecting it to the bottom of the frame rail. So ik they r level and plum. Saves time too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 380
I dont have anything to bend metal, the other ones i could do in the vice, this one was too deep. So its kinda sloppy. But center is in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 400
How the hell do i cut hole in the floor for these poles?! Toook me hours to figure out a way:banghead::banghead:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 375
I just shaved it with a dremmel n worked the holes bigger n bigger.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 376
Two center pannels in!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 391
Ill use some dzuts nuts and look, access panel for the third member

Attachments

• image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 396
This one looks nice n gaps are good, took me two days to do it