1969 GTS on going restoration

-

1969GTS

Reaction score
I've been at it solid for six months and couldn't estimate the amount of hours I've put in. My bank statements are in a pile and I dare not add them up. I thought that I had better start a restoration post as I hope to ship her off for paint in a few weeks. Here is what I have been up to from start to finish.

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

I don't dare look at my receipts either. BTW..my son attended the Pilots top prospects camp a couple of months ago. I may be checking out your stable of A- bodies next season....nothing like Canadien beer on tap...in Canada

Here are three Darts from my area. I will be able to join the fun next spring.

petes car show #2 011.jpg

petes car show #2 015.jpg

petes car show #2 020.jpg

It was no fun sanding, priming and painting the trunk and my hair has red highlights still but its done.

IMG_1366.jpg

Great progress, looking very nice. You are working fast.
Are you going with electric cut outs?

Great progress, looking very nice. You are working fast.
Are you going with electric cut outs?

We'll see how much I like the track. If I'm there often I will but if its twice a year its not worth the $500.

Congrats on the great progress! Can't wait to the finished product after seeing the terrific work so far. Definately something you should be proud of!!

New door panels waiting for the paint job but its almost done.

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

Almost done as well. Not sure why I got two of these ..... oh well.

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

I don't dare look at my receipts either. BTW..my son attended the Pilots top prospects camp a couple of months ago. I may be checking out your stable of A- bodies next season....nothing like Canadien beer on tap...in Canada

Let me know when your up here we'll tilt a few pints of high test Canadian beer.

Your Darts looking great, nice work! Whens the rest of the paint going on? Be sure to show it off then.

Your Darts looking great, nice work! Whens the rest of the paint going on? Be sure to show it off then.

On the trailer Nov 7th. Six hour trip. Lots of local shops as the lower main land area I live in has 3,000,000 people but I towing it to a small town were I know a guy that has been a body man since prehistoric times. He does awesome work and I trust him. Plus he's still reasonable and doesn't think he's Boyd Coddington despite the fact he's probably got as much experience. I'm supplying the paint because I really like Glasurits line of products and he doesn't use it regularly due to the cost. He's slow so it will be a long winter waiting but I'll strip and repaint the grill, hood call outs and rear GTS panel while I'm waiting anxiously. I expect it to take him three to four months as he teaches part time at the provincial trade school BCIT.

-
Back