1969 MOPAR in new commercial

-

1967 'cuda

Dropped on Head as a Baby
Reaction score
OK I think there's a bunch of you out there that will enjoy this commercial. It's for a new Infinity M45 BUT it has a lot of footage of a 1969 Superbee in it. Pretty COOL! For some reason when I open the link it starts the video towards the end and I have to restart it at the beginning. The link is below.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkuRMQOTbRw#t=302"]Infiniti m45 2003-2004 - YouTube[/ame]

Dream sequence.... They wish....

I like how the two muscle cars spun the tires off the line... We all know you don't want to do that, but makes a good Hollywood scene....

And the Superbee put the A/C on before the race??? Usually you turn it off...

Now a 340 hp Infinity may run with a 383 Superbee at 335 horsepower, but I don't think that it can beat a 440 (both ways) or Hemi.

I can see the Infinity pulling ahead around the corners, they handle much better, but not in the straight line acceleration.

But it is a nice Superbee and some good shots. I always liked the dual gate shifters in the Camaros also, pretty cool. Also, they made a 427 Camaro that could also kick the Infinity's ***. I like how they pick the models just under theirs that they know they can beat for comparison. Because they know that they can't handle the big dog.

My son's Mustang GT500 with 550 hp will kick that Infinity's @ss. Both in a straight line and around a corner. Why don't they compare their Infinity to one of those... and the new ones are 662 hp!

Dream sequence.... They wish....

I like how the two muscle cars spun the tires off the line... We all know you don't want to do that, but makes a good Hollywood scene....

And the Superbee put the A/C on before the race??? Usually you turn it off...

Now a 340 hp Infinity may run with a 383 Superbee at 335 horsepower, but I don't think that it can beat a 440 (both ways) or Hemi.

I can see the Infinity pulling ahead around the corners, they handle much better, but not in the straight line acceleration.

But it is a nice Superbee and some good shots. I always liked the dual gate shifters in the Camaros also, pretty cool. Also, they made a 427 Camaro that could also kick the Infinity's ***. I like how they pick the models just under theirs that they know they can beat for comparison. Because they know that they can't handle the big dog.

My son's Mustang GT500 with 550 hp will kick that Infinity's @ss. Both in a straight line and around a corner. Why don't they compare their Infinity to one of those... and the new ones are 662 hp!

I guess you just need to keep in mind that the commercial was made to sell the Infinity. So naturally they're going to make it look as good as they can. My take on it was that they made it obvious that the newer car was built both for comfort and performance. - AND that to do so they chose 2 iconic muscle cars for it to compete with in a dream sequence. I (of course) liked it because of the muscle cars. It actually reminded me of the type of commercials Mopar makes for the Charger and Challenger.

I thought it was pretty cool for a 10 year old commercial. And after all, it was a dream sequence set up to sell Infinti's to middle aged men who want to think that their still cool with the chicks. Any real comparison between the Infiniti and the muscle cars is moot.

The Dodge is more than likely a Coronet R/T than a Super Bee. (Or a cloned Coronet 500 to look like an R/T.)
Look at the tail lights, definitely a '69 Coronet 500 or R/T.
The R/T would have had a 440 in it standard and a Hemi was optional.
Neat commercial!

The Dodge is more than likely a Coronet R/T than a Super Bee. (Or a cloned Coronet 500 to look like an R/T.)
Look at the tail lights, definitely a '69 Coronet 500 or R/T.
The R/T would have had a 440 in it standard and a Hemi was optional.
Neat commercial!
Yep you're right,has cyclops tail lights so prob a 500,still bad asp...and in the straight line perf the dodge would rip a fender of the infin...good show tho....

-
Back