1969 motor mounts on my 1970 duster... what does this mean?

-

Schneiderman

Reaction score
I ordered motor mounts for my 1970 duster (225 slant 6), they came in yesterday and they are completely wrong. We looked up 1969 valiant mounts and those look correct. I ordered those, so we'll see if they work. But what does it mean if my 1970 duster came with 1969 valiant mounts? Could I have other 1969 parts on my car? I am only the second owner and everything is original to the car...

camerapics193.jpg

you looking at the rubber? pretty sure there isn't much different from like 67-72. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

The 1970 mounts were the same for both sides, and each had two studs on one side with two tabs on the other. Nowhere near correct- mine are different left/right, and one has one stud on each side while the other has one stud on one side and two on the other. Neither has tabs.

'70 was the first year for the "Valiant" Duster. Maybe they made changes in parts during the course of production. I have a '69 C-Body (first year of the fuselage style). For some parts, if the car was built before January '69 it had one part. If it was built after January it called for a different part which looked completely different. Mine was apparently build in late '68. Don't worry about it. Install what works.

It has me wondering about other parts that might be different because I plan on using a front end rebuild kit and maybe installing new torsion bars, and also maybe switching to disk brakes at some point (but I want to keep SBP).

Slant-6 A-body engine mounts are identical '67-'72. Does not matter whether it's a Dart, Valiant, Demon, Duster, or Barracuda, they are all the same. There is no '69/'70 difference, there is no Duster/non-Duster difference; all those claims are spurious. Sounds to me as if you simply got the wrong mounts. Counterman gave you the wrong ones, or gave you boxes with the right P/Ns containing the wrong mounts or something of that nature.

like everyone else said. There should be no difference from 67-72.

Slant-6 A-body engine mounts are identical '67-'72. Does not matter whether it's a Dart, Valiant, Demon, Duster, or Barracuda, they are all the same. There is no '69/'70 difference, there is no Duster/non-Duster difference; all those claims are spurious. Sounds to me as if you simply got the wrong mounts. Counterman gave you the wrong ones, or gave you boxes with the right P/Ns containing the wrong mounts or something of that nature.

Even the pictures on the computer that came up for 1970 duster vs 69 valiant are different.

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/De...n=599001+101970+50056+2056063+4056022+5999999

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?A=BK_6021116_0310470732&An=599001+101969+50056+2056048

Even the pictures on the computer that came up for 1970 duster vs 69 valiant are different.

Oh! Well, if the pictures on the computer are different, well, gosh, that must mean that reality itself has been bent into a new shape by whoever NAPA hired to build their website!

Seriously, there are two possible explanations:

1. The NAPA computer is right, and there's a difference between '69 and '70 Slant-6 A-body mounts that has gone undetected by everybody who knows what we're talking about from years of direct experience, and the Chrysler factory parts manuals are all incorrect.

2. The NAPA computer is wrong, which is how you wound up with the wrong mounts.

In case you need some help thinking very carefully to try and be able to figure out which of these is the more likely scenario, here are the relevant pages from the '67, '68, '69, '70-'71, and '72 factory parts catalogues. And no, I'm not sorry for dishing out the sarcasm you've earned. Next time put your thinking cap on first, please, before arguing with consensus from those who have already given you the correct answer to your question, kthx.

1967_FPC_Mounts.jpg

1968_FPC_Mounts.jpg

1969_FPC_Mounts.jpg

1971_FPC_Mounts.jpg

1972_FPC_Mounts.jpg

And you're making yourself look like a "jerk", to put it in forum friendly terms.

I'm well aware that you know more about this engine and these cars than I ever will. What are you trying to prove?

I agree with slantsixdan (and others) with the '67-72 interchange on the mounts but he could have been a little more tactfull about it. Nobody is infallable and regardless of expertise (awarded or self proclaimed) none of us knows for sure who knows or tells the truth on any internet forum. That's the whole purpose of this site....to get many opinions and go by what seems to be the truth. Of course, if you ignore the "experts", then you're just a knucklehead! :)

I agree with slantsixdan (and others) with the '67-72 interchange on the mounts but he could have been a little more tactfull about it

Yup, I was plenty tactful on my first response, 'cause the OP was asking a legitimate question. I was less tactful on my second response, 'cause the OP was making a dumb argument. *shrug*

I agree with slantsixdan (and others) with the '67-72 interchange on the mounts but he could have been a little more tactfull about it. Nobody is infallable and regardless of expertise (awarded or self proclaimed) none of us knows for sure who knows or tells the truth on any internet forum. That's the whole purpose of this site....to get many opinions and go by what seems to be the truth. Of course, if you ignore the "experts", then you're just a knucklehead! :)

What's really stupid about this is that I wasn't ignoring Dan or even disagreeing with him. I made a statement of fact ("the computer shows this") and he took it personally. It's not my fault if the computer is wrong.

Oh well. The new mounts that I ordered should work.

Yup, I was plenty tactful on my first response, 'cause the OP was asking a legitimate question. I was less tactful on my second response, 'cause the OP was making a dumb argument. *shrug*

Where did I argue? I made a statement of fact. "The computer says this". If the computer is wrong, then so be it. I never said you were wrong or indicated that I disagreed with anything you said.

Where did I argue? I made a statement of fact. "The computer says this". If the computer is wrong, then so be it. I never said you were wrong or indicated that I disagreed with anything you said.
Let's argue about something else.......like the possible need for heavier duty torsion bars to carry the extra weight of the power steering return hose clamps! :)

-
Back