-
Status
Not open for further replies.

73dodge

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
i am selling the 69 valiant i have just finished building. I'll get straight to the point and list everything that i've done to the car.
I have replaced just about everything on the car, it started as a 273 2 barrel.
the rear is now a custom dts dana 60 complete drum to drum with 3.54 gears that was $2400.00.
904 tranny rebuilt for high performance duty with 3500 stall custom converter. cheetah shifter.
blueprint engines 408" stroker crate motor with 30 month warranty that was $5000.00 complete with all accessories.
steel police wheels, 15x7 front and 15x8 out back. black powdercoat from stockton wheel.
suspension completely rebuilt up front stock.
super stock springs with shackles moved inward and kyb's all around.
stainless steel complete manual disk brakes up front brand new.
All brake and fuel lines are brand new.
fuel tank and sending unit are brand new.
I have rewired the entire car with painless wiring kit front to back.
I had a local shop do the body and paint for $4000.00.
the entire drivetrain has less than 900 miles on it.
The car runs excellent, I drove it to englishtown and on the only run I raced it, it ran 13.1 in the 1/4. That was on bf goodrich street tires.
The car is very strong and i built it to be a daily driver, but the car is definately good for mid to high twelves with good tires.
I have over $20,000 invested and i'm asking for $14,000, I will only consider a trade for a late eighties camaro iroc in similar condition.
I will post pictures as soon as possible, I don't know how to post pics so I'm just waiting for a friend of mine to post them for me.

I forgot to mention that i have reciepts for almost everything. I will post pics as soon as i can.

I don't think you will find too many late eighties IROC owners on this web site? trade for a late eighties IROC???

I don't know how to post pics. If anyone wants i can e mail them to you.

Maybe it's his wife's turn to have a classic car? My 68 model wife wants a 68 Camaro. At least he's not looking for a ricer,

Good luck on selling the Valiant, with that much cash in it, It's probably a sweet ride.

first of all, thanks crackedback. I knew i was gonna get killed for the camaro, I've always been mopar all the way but i've always wanted an iroc. Please no more bashing. Anyhow, i put a lot into the car and i have almost every reciept. The color is phoenix yellow metallic and it's a bmw color. I'm gonna get bashed for that too i guess,lol. I like to be unique and i love the color.
Anyway, 14k is way below what I've spent. Negotiable if someone's serious.
Thank's again for the help with the pics.

did i mention "negotiable"? I will be taking a huge hit considering how much is in the car.

I know times are hard, but no offers? Must see to appreciate. 11k or best offer. Thats less than half spent. Can't get more for your money.

Any opinions on what i should ask for the car? I have upgraded every mechanical component on the car. I'll consider any reasonable offer.

maybe thats why i'm not getting any response!lol:snakeman:

that's a swinging deal with all the work you've done...

can anyone give their opinion on what i should ask for the car?

price is really up to you, with all you have in it I'd say you have went as low as you can, that's a sweet car!! It's not the car that's not selling itself, it's the economy right now. Everybody is affraid to spend money. anyway-beautiful car, good luck with the sale!!

Your asking a fair price.
And when the next owner gets it, removes the kyb shocks and puts on some 'longer' shocks and runs in the 12's it'll really be a cool deal.
nice ride, good luck.

My input, and I am not critisizing, is the engine compartment.

--The wiring, while new, could use to be straightened, wire loomed, etc.
--The color of the compartment, is probably a detractor. The mopar crowd is far more concerned about body color matched compartment then the GM crowd, so this might be a detractor to a potential buyer.

You might be more successful if these areas were addressed?

The pricing is awesome, a buyer could adjust these for the bargain they are getting in my opinion. The exterior is beautiful!

can anyone give their opinion on what i should ask for the car?
I am not in a position to buy, but to me its worth $11k easy, it is unique.
If it is an option, put it away until the economy starts the upswing, I have a TTA that I can't get a good price for so I bought a box of mothballs.

The thing just needs some details: (again; feedback, not cutting you down)

1) clean up all the wiring in the engine compartment (as said earlier)
2) repaint the engine bay. even black would be better (as said earlier)
3) pass. armest is shredded, find one and detail any other "missing" things in the interior.
4) chrome bumpers. Black ones say you cheap'ed out on rechrome ones.
5) throw on some repop dogdishes to complete the wheels.
6) BIGGIE: people don' really care what you put into the car, only what they have to pay. You have a pretty car, I like the color. But its NOT an original HiPo car (340 or BB), its not a 'collectible' model. People don't want to pay for work you PAID for. Most in the hobby would like to do that work themselves. Your best bet is to catch a Newbie, coming into the hobby without skills or a shop.
7) Shopping list ALL the details of what was put into the car, EVERYTHING.
8) More interior shots and UNDERSIDE shots. When you push over $10K, its gotta be really clean underneath.

good luck to you ! I hope you get your price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back