1969 Race Dart w/ 426 Hemi- garaged for 45+ years

-
So, ummm, when you go pick car do you like, ummm, you know, go drive it around a bit? Hemi rumbling shift the 4 speed? Take shop guys out for a burger? Like time pickup with nice dry day??
Absolutely drive it! I need to pick a good day.....................still unsure exact day, hopefully, next week. I am going to be at Carlisle the whole week of the 15th.

So, at MITP, are you planning to leave the trailer at the hotel and roll into the show with the rest of us? or haul it out there. It is only a few miles

Just a little update. Valve covers were done with machining on March 28th, but RB Racing was waiting on the ARP bolts they included with the covers and they were getting shipped. Well, I kept calling for updates, and still no bolts. I called yesterday morning and had them ship the covers. I was able to find the ARP bolts on Summit and they were already shipped as well. Covers and bolts will be in NC on Tuesday and then we will be good to go with the last piece of this build. Other than tidying up some small wiring and placement of line-lock etc. I made the decision with rain again this week to wait until the week of April 22nd to pick up the car. There is no need to rush down there and I want a couple of nice days for driving the car and trailering it home.

April 16, 2023, the car was disassembled for the first time so waiting a couple extra weeks is no big deal. Especially since this build has gone together so quickly. Thanks again for all the encouragement, information, and help from all of you here.

Thank you Pauly. :thumbsup:
Welcome and well deserved. I’m fixing up my dad’s old John Deere 40C crawler/bulldozer and it has needed a lot of love! But, yesterday was his birthday and I got the final drive back together, which was the biggest obstacle. It only steered in one direction so it wasn’t of much use! Like you, I’m giddy to get this back together and move some dirt with it!!!

Welcome and well deserved. I’m fixing up my dad’s old John Deere 40C crawler/bulldozer and it has needed a lot of love! But, yesterday was his birthday and I got the final drive back together, which was the biggest obstacle. It only steered in one direction so it wasn’t of much use! Like you, I’m giddy to get this back together and move some dirt with it!!!
Very cool.:thumbsup: Sounds like a fun project. I have an old model B from my FIL, and it needs a lot of work........................

IMG_8338.JPG

Just a little update. Valve covers were done with machining on March 28th, but RB Racing was waiting on the ARP bolts they included with the covers and they were getting shipped. Well, I kept calling for updates, and still no bolts. I called yesterday morning and had them ship the covers. I was able to find the ARP bolts on Summit and they were already shipped as well. Covers and bolts will be in NC on Tuesday and then we will be good to go with the last piece of this build. Other than tidying up some small wiring and placement of line-lock etc. I made the decision with rain again this week to wait until the week of April 22nd to pick up the car. There is no need to rush down there and I want a couple of nice days for driving the car and trailering it home.

April 16, 2023, the car was disassembled for the first time so waiting a couple extra weeks is no big deal. Especially since this build has gone together so quickly. Thanks again for all the encouragement, information, and help from all of you here.
Going down when weather good is a win win. Can hang out with shop staff some, drive car shake it out some, trailer car home knowing all is right. These car projects aren't sprints, they are marathons, and a lot of due diligence is needed to get it right. Can't wait to hear your thoughts after driving that beast.

Going down when weather good is a win win. Can hang out with shop staff some, drive car shake it out some, trailer car home knowing all is right. These car projects aren't sprints, they are marathons, and a lot of due diligence is needed to get it right. Can't wait to hear your thoughts after driving that beast.
Thanks. One man shop so only one person to blame..............:lol: He is treating the car like his own and I know it will be done right!:thumbsup:

I can't wait for that first drive.:steering::steering:

-
Back