1969 Sport Fury rallye road wheels

-

CheeseRules01!

Reaction score
Not a body stuff, but I was thinking about getting some for my Dart. I was just wondering what the smallest width of a 15 inch rallye road wheel is.
roadwheels-1-jpg.jpg

6"

There were some late 70's cars built with 7" wheels, but they aren't real common.

Did any 69 sport furies come with 7's at all?
No

In 1978, the C-bodies still had a 6", but the M-bodies (Diplomat etc.) got a 7". 1979-81 cars would have the 7" wheels. There's also a 7" "Salon" wheel that is pretty much the same except they are painted instead of chromed and I believe those were available starting in 1979, but don't quote me on that.

In the mix, AMC also used the wheels, but with a different center. I know nothing about those, except they will also have a 4 1/2" BC.

And, there's at least a couple versions of the centers, with the later ones being similar to the AMC centers, but I really don't know much about them.

The 1979 (note date code) 7" wheels on my car. That is an aftermarket trim ring.

tcjCTUj.jpg

DU1GzS1.jpg

e9KNoKu.jpg

The Chrysler road wheels in good shape are highly sought after by the C-body crowd if the chrome is good.

I listed a very nice set for $550.00 & a guy drove from several states away & paid cash.

No

In 1978, the C-bodies still had a 6", but the M-bodies (Diplomat etc.) got a 7". 1979-81 cars would have the 7" wheels. There's also a 7" "Salon" wheel that is pretty much the same except they are painted instead of chromed and I believe those were available starting in 1979, but don't quote me on that.

In the mix, AMC also used the wheels, but with a different center. I know nothing about those, except they will also have a 4 1/2" BC.

And, there's at least a couple versions of the centers, with the later ones being similar to the AMC centers, but I really don't know much about them.

The 1979 (note date code) 7" wheels on my car. That is an aftermarket trim ring.

View attachment 1715153138
View attachment 1715153139

View attachment 1715153140
that's a great pic of the "aircraft carrier" chryslers. pretty car.

-
Back