1969 valiant front and rear glass trim clips

-

iw378

Reaction score
Here we go. I have a 67 valiant 2 door, I am replacing the glass gaskets to the later style so I can install the chrome trim around the glass. I ordered the clips from rt specalties and now a little confused. The rear clips I got are alot taller than the fronts and stick up above the body
so they will not work. The front clips will work but there is 4 that are different. Where do those go?
Project 17.jpg

Same. I ran into the same problem a few months ago. I returned the taller ones and got another set of short clips. I made it known to them the tall ones are the wrong clips

the 4 even shorter go on the A-pillar posts

I stock the one narrow ones as posted in the thread above. Do not know the logic behind the clips used, but that clip was used on A-Body hardtops from 67 through the 72 model run. Some used the clip pictured earlier and some used the ones above.

Yes, they are pretty common on the 69 Darts I have to come to find. If your attending the Indy Cylinder Head Show on March 3rd - 5th, let me know and I can bring them to the show. These are new reproductions and I can get a picture in a bit of them for you.

Here is a picture of the reproduction clip as found on some of the A-Body applications.

Dart_Windshield_Clip_1A.jpg

-
Back