1969 Valiant

-

dusterdragracer

Drag Racer
Reaction score
Hi everybody. It is finally finished (for the most part). All that is left is going to the dyno for a little tunning.The motor ran 10:70's in a Duster with cast heads and a 727 Griner tans. It ran 9:47 in a 2200 lb. 'glass Daytona with aluminum heads and a 'glide (which is whats in it now).
So hang on. Pictures to follow.
P.S. TCI headers rock, they are oh so close to everything,but touch nothing, but fit great. Just remeber, if you run a mid plate, tranny has to come out to pull the starter.
:toothy8:

Click Here for photo's:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1818250462323.2090885.1421974018&type=3&l=df984818aa

Very nice! I can tell a lot of time and $ was spent tending to the details and it shows. Let us know what it runs.

Thanks everybody.Actually, I didn't spend that much. Biggest expense was the headers and hood. All the other stuff was bought used on Ebay including the car (the way it is in the 1st set of pics). It took a year collecting parts.
I wasn't really looking for a Valiant. I found this car, with a lot of work done to it, so I grabbed it. Once I got into it, I realized they are more rare then a Dart (which I like, my wife has a race car one).They kind of remind me of a early S/S Cornet.Unfortantly, the front looks like a Nova, with the hood and grill!
I just got tierd of Mopar type hoods. (no offense, I have just had one of each in the past) and the I don't care for Pro Stock hoods on square cars (again, no offense if you have one, or like them, just personal taste).
I was going after more of a stock look.Kinda retro/nostalgia!
Here is a tid bit. Story goes the guy that started the car, died, and never finished it. It had a (get this) 440 C.I. 14.5:1 compression SMALL BLOCK in it. The motor went to Australia.Now this is what I was told, by the guys that spun it to me.
Lastly, all my buddies give me crap (except my Chevy buddies) for running the 'Glide. Well it was already with my engine. It's an Ultra bell with brake and J.W. converter.So I just tell them "It's a 2 speed non Mopar racing trans., bulit with an Ultra bell case and housing"We all laugh.

Hi Michael
We are at 2500' in Spokane. I would say 10:70's to 10:80's based on what the motor ran in my other 2 cars.
Cars from here run about 3 teeth's faster at sea level, like Seattle.
Thanks Chris

It looks just fine to me.. glad to see another one! I always have liked "the box the Barracuda came in"!
I don't think anyone is gonna get too torqued about the Glide.. now if you stuck a brand X motor in it.. that's a different story!
I sure hope mine looks that good one of these days!

What shade of blue did you use? I'm thinking of Surf Blue, silver, or keeping the Fridginator plain white... just curious and looking for ideas...

Alan

Welcome to FABO BajaVan!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Like to see some more pictures of your car - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• B3 Front View Burnout 1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 184
It is an Unlimited Fiberglass. A lot of people bad mouth them, but i have had good luck. They actually molded the scoop on a glass hood.I had my friend tweek the way the front tip came together. They did it fine, but I like what he did better. You can get any height.Thanks for complimates.

I like that "The box the Cuda came in". I call it "poverty Pack" because my buddy in Australia,calls any car that didn't have a radio, heater etc. "has the poverty pack".
I also call it "Valiant,Chryslers answer to the Rambler" (no offense to any one).It is just Plymouths version of the Dart.Or maybe the Dart is Dodges version of the Valiant.....Hum!!!!

OOPS, Sorry, color is the same as my 2001 Dodge P.U. My painter friend said most people can't find B5 blue, so they go with this. Just a tad bit darker. The interior is...excuse me, a Chevy color. I didn't paint either, it came this way.Rear wheels are same as interior color.Hope this helps.

Here is the dyno:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew3qLqwqf9s&feature=share"]Chris White's Valiant on the Dyno 3/29/12 - YouTube[/ame]

441 H.P. @ 388 Ft. #'s @ 6500 RPM's
That would be 565 H.P.aprox. at the fly wheel.

Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

-
Back