1970 383 'Cuda Value in this economy?

-

Casey Davis

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I have a line on a really straight, 99% rust free 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda 383 / EV2 car from California that has been here in Texas about ten years...
I havnt followed closely with value and prices of e-bodies in the past couple of years... Help.

I will give you $5,000 for it on the spot...And trust me, that is a fair price.

Just kidding...Seriously though, depends on a lot of things (originality, numbers matching, options, etc.). Don't pay attention to Barrett-Jackson, however. A lot more info is needed. Pictures don't hurt either BTW.

If The Seller Watched Bj Auction, You Can Plan On Paying A Lot.

Depends on rust, whether it needs a complete repaint, interior condition, whether the original parts are all there and what condition they're in, motor and drivetrain originality and/or condition, etc...etc...etc....PICS would give the guys here a MUCH better shot at giving you a ballpark estimate of what it's worth right now...........

MUST have pics and details.........8)8)

if its nice i will trade ya this

DSC00383 (Large).jpg

Depends on a few key things-
70 has alot of 1 year only parts and are they all still there?
#s matching?fender tag?buildsheet? is it an L code or an N code car,is it a gran coupe?Pics will help a lot,but it still comes down to you and how bad you want the car.I hate the three ring circus known as Barrett/Jackson as a way of refering to a restorable car price,the cars that are at the auctions are by far not restorable cars.

Clean unrestored car $10-15 G Clean restored car expect $20-25G basket case with missing parts under $10G

Thats not much information but it's a lot! More than an a-body. Did you try asking over at FEBO? I hope this doesn't mean that you are giving up on the Formula S. How's that coming along?

You cant be serious. Posting that, on a A body site? About one of the most publically recognized cars in the world? What are you fishing for?

I was looking for what a couple of you would view as to where the cars have landed after the past two years with this economy. Which, blew most of your minds...I guess. I don't need an estimate on what some guy thinks it's worth. Being straight and almost rust free with original drivetrain is worth it to me. Car is unmolested.

Example response:
The market has shifted the e-bodies value quite a bit in the passed two years. Typical 80 point car down 20% or daily drivers down 5K.

684mulas: I would never give up on the '68 S. It is going to be out of town soon to a restoration shop getting straight and single stage...I have been waiting for several months on a NOS quarter that turned out to be worse than advertised...Canadians...they have so much rare **** it is unbelievable.
I found this '70 not too far from where I live. A buddy of mine works for the railroad and spotted it. First 'cuda I have found in a long time that is for sale...sheet metal is all super nice, chrome is better than to be expected, glass is complete, interior is nice and complete - just needs bucket upholstery, motor was running...it hasnt been f'ed with / the original air cleaner and pie pan is in place and the hoses and electrical look to be right. The console is the only thing out of a different car that I could see. It is a blue one out of a Challenger. It has the most potent Chrysler smell in the interior of all the mopars I have been in. He wants 12K. :)
I bet I can get it cheaper though...

Barrett Jackson sold a mint 70/383/4 speed for 58K. So take the Jackson factor out and with a little interior work, no rust anywhere, 10 ft paint, 20-25K IMHO.

If you'd said all that to begin with, it would have fared much easier.

If you can get the car for 12 grand, and you don't buy it, we'll all pitch in for a good head doctor fer' ya'. :violent1:

I paid 20 for the Cuda in my garage.....a 340/727 1974......Didn't need a repaint though, and no interior work needed except a few tweeks that cost very little..it was sold at the peak of the market and brought a good buck......The Cuda you mention seems to be a much better start than mine was, except for the paint perhaps........12K, in my opinion, is one of the better deals I've seen in this current economy for the details you list.

If I were the one with the line on it, and it's everything you say, you can believe it would be rolling off a trailer at my garage next week.....no doubt.

I made an offer. So lets see...
If any of you are in the gunning mood for a T/A down here in northcentral texas pm me.
I can show you where it is but the guy is on the loony side.

-
Back