-
Status
Not open for further replies.

migsBIG

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
a 1970-71 340 air cleaner that was chromed at one point. Has very mild surface rust starting, can easily be sanded and paint to the corect textured paint.

$299 plus the ride. US post office money orders only.

100_8461.jpg

100_8460.jpg

100_8462.jpg

100_8463.jpg

100_8464.jpg

I sent you a PM about shipping but never heard back from you.

well it hasn't even been 2 days since you sent the message. I work weekdays and since it would need shipping quote for canada, it has to be boxed first than driven down and get a price quote at the post office. At least give a guy some time to get the info to you.

well it hasn't even been 2 days since you sent the message. I work weekdays and since it would need shipping quote for canada, it has to be boxed first than driven down and get a price quote at the post office. At least give a guy some time to get the info to you.

why bump the ad if you didn't get a chance to quote shipping for a potential buyer?

because it's not a gurantee that he will buy it. I could get the price for him and it could be too much that he might not want to pay the shipping, so it's best to keep the post viewable just in case he passes. Besides, he had a request for pricing, not to buy. I don't know what the problem is, as I'm willing to ship to canada on this item and most folks don't want to do that on the board. I would think that would be good to try to help our canadian neighbors on the board?

Ok.. I only said that I sent you a PM because when you bumped the ad, it looked as though you either ignored, or didn't receive my PM.
You just lost your potential buyer, but I appreciate knowing you treat Canadians like aliens, and that we should feel privileged that you are willing to sell to us.

:)

Edit ^^ that was meant as sarcasm, as in.. Giving you a hard time.

Ok.. I only said that I sent you a PM because when you bumped the ad, it looked as though you either ignored, or didn't receive my PM.
You just lost your potential buyer, but I appreciate knowing you treat Canadians like aliens, and that we should feel privileged that you are willing to sell to us.

THANK YOU!:cheers: You took that way out of context, and pretty much just sealed any future shipping up north. I didn't treat you like some foreign aliens and if you re-read my post " I'm willing to ship to canada on this item as most folks don't want to do that on the board. I would think that would be good to try to help our canadian neighbors on the board?" I was trying to justify the extra work to help out our fellow mopar neighbors in an erea where parts are hard to find and shipping from the states is even harder to get. As for bumping the ad, I bumped all of them, so it just happened.

I just went down to the post office, waited in line, got a quote of $21 for shipping and was coming back to give you the results. I was going to pay the insurance on the package out of my own pocket to show that I was trying to be helpful. Pretty much wasted an hour of my day. Yes, I know not to use UPS for shipping to the great white north, though it would be very easy for me and save me lots of work, I knew they charge you canadians like an extra 40% when shipped through them. I have had soo much trouble with candian buyers in the past, that this just proves that I would rather not have to deal with shipping up there. I will nolonger ship items to canada. I didn't ship up there the last couple months as I couldn't get shipping quotes due to a long work scedule and too much going on with some estates I'm taking care of. I'm happy to say I will never ship up there again (unless it's Sandy asking) and look forward to dealing with other members then. Thank you and have a good day.

Somehow I believe this post wont go away too soon.The reality of it is-it is more of a hassle that we don't get paid for.Please understand when it is a favor accept it as such.

Jesus guys lighten up, Mr Bigs reasoning why he did what he did are valid and there was a pile of jumping to conclusions. Maybe if everyone could take a deep breath we could see that puppy being shipped north VIA USPS for around 325 clams, seems like a good deal to me. Cmon it's spring of a new year.:glasses7:

Sorry, I misunderstood you then after you bumped a thread that I had sent you a PM on, and then told me 'whoa, slow down man, give me some time'.
I understand not being able to get a shipping quote though since I work away from home 21 days and then I'm home for 6, or peoples attitudes towards prices. How many times have I told people, I'll be home in a few weeks, and I do the same, drive down to the post office, get a quote, drive home, and they still complain about the costs of shipping, and basically want the part for free. That doesnt stop me from selling things down south though.

THANK YOU!:cheers: You took that way out of context, and pretty much just sealed any future shipping up north. I didn't treat you like some foreign aliens and if you re-read my post " I'm willing to ship to canada on this item as most folks don't want to do that on the board. I would think that would be good to try to help our canadian neighbors on the board?" I was trying to justify the extra work to help out our fellow mopar neighbors in an erea where parts are hard to find and shipping from the states is even harder to get. As for bumping the ad, I bumped all of them, so it just happened.

I just went down to the post office, waited in line, got a quote of $21 for shipping and was coming back to give you the results. I was going to pay the insurance on the package out of my own pocket to show that I was trying to be helpful. Pretty much wasted an hour of my day. Yes, I know not to use UPS for shipping to the great white north, though it would be very easy for me and save me lots of work, I knew they charge you canadians like an extra 40% when shipped through them. I have had soo much trouble with candian buyers in the past, that this just proves that I would rather not have to deal with shipping up there. I will nolonger ship items to canada. I didn't ship up there the last couple months as I couldn't get shipping quotes due to a long work scedule and too much going on with some estates I'm taking care of. I'm happy to say I will never ship up there again (unless it's Sandy asking) and look forward to dealing with other members then. Thank you and have a good day.

DEMON SEED,HIS REASONING MAY BE OK BUT HE IS NOT A GOLD MEMBER AND CANNOT BUMP THE AD FYI SEE THE RULES jmho U CAN GET A QUOTE ONLINE TO CANADA FROM USPS AND UPS,,

Yet one of the reasons I stay away from this site.
And what reason was it, he couldn't respond to the PM, before bumping.
I missed that part...
I'm off for a few more months, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back