The car is complete. It is yellow with a brown
Vinyl top. I took a pile of pics. It is a 4 speed car
As well.

This car is mine if I want it for $30k.

I am a novice with Chryslers but I really trust
The seller. He has the build sheet and window
Sticker.

I have an idea of value but don't know everything
I should be looking for in a 340 six pack TA.

I also would like to know if original paint cars that
Are really nice being more than what the value
Guide displays for this car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I found an all original number matching
340 6 pack car. This car has been untouched. It is rust
Free with all original paint.

The car is complete. It is yellow with a brown
Vinyl top. I took a pile of pics. It is a 4 speed car
As well.

This car is mine if I want it for $30k.

I am a novice with Chryslers but I really trust
The seller. He has the build sheet and window
Sticker.

I have an idea of value but don't know everything
I should be looking for in a 340 six pack TA.

I also would like to know if original paint cars that
Are really nice being more than what the value
Guide displays for this car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Give us pictures and we will help....or "trust the seller" like you said, and you WILL get screwed

Sounds like a good deal if its what you say it is.
Make sure you check all the numbers. do you know the history behind it?
run the serial number through the 1970 Hamtramck Registry, Barry might chime in here (Alaskan_ta) or post this up at cuda/challenger.com

Please post pictures,
I have never seen a brown vinyl top on one.

I agree we need pics.If it is truly unrestored and very clean it would be worth more than 30K just depends on how clean and how original.

You can email them to me and I will post them for you.
I will PM you my email adress!
Thanks, Justin

At the bottom of the thread there is a GO ADVANCED button. Click on it. Then click on the paperclip icon above the message box that appears. It will pop up a small window that allows you to access pics on your computer. Just follow the instructions from there.

Gator grain tops were black vinyl dyed a mottled brown / black.

Do the codes show V1G?

This is a barn find. It has been sitting for years in a very dry climate. I am not familiar with Chrysler codes and need to go thru them to ensure the correctness.

But, this guy (very old) has a few original paint cars. This is his only Chrysler though and rougher that the others. When I say rough, that's just in comparison to the other cars. The engine compartment paint looks new. No rust on the under body and the interior is compete an original with no rips.

Only wear is on the vinyl top which is not in good shape (no rust though). The paint is very nice but there are a fiew scrapes and blemishes.

I have had several classics restored and this one does not need any body work other than feathering in paint where the imperfections are on the paint and a new vinyl top.

Less than 10k miles on the odometer.

Is there a trim tag? What should be the code on the engine? Are there any body stampings on the body I need to verify? Trans codes? Rear axle codes?

I will be getting back to the car soon and will take pics of all these items once I know where to look.

My understanding is that this was something this guy picked up in the early 80's and it has just sat since then.

Again. Thanks for the help....

This is a barn find. It has been sitting for years in a very dry climate. I am not familiar with Chrysler codes and need to go thru them to ensure the correctness.

But, this guy (very old) has a few original paint cars. This is his only Chrysler though and rougher that the others. When I say rough, that's just in comparison to the other cars. The engine compartment paint looks new. No rust on the under body and the interior is compete an original with no rips.

Only wear is on the vinyl top which is not in good shape (no rust though). The paint is very nice but there are a fiew scrapes and blemishes.

I have had several classics restored and this one does not need any body work other than feathering in paint where the imperfections are on the paint and a new vinyl top.

Less than 10k miles on the odometer.

Is there a trim tag? What should be the code on the engine? Are there any body stampings on the body I need to verify? Trans codes? Rear axle codes?

I will be getting back to the car soon and will take pics of all these items once I know where to look.

My understanding is that this was something this guy picked up in the early 80's and it has just sat since then.

Again. Thanks for the help....
We on this site will help you, but from your description, you COULD be getting screwed.....we need pics

If the car sat for an extended period of time it may need extensive mechanical work on the motor, fuel system, brakes.

Is there a trim tag?

Yes, on the inner fender near the battery.

What should be the code on the engine?

E55 on the tag, also look for A53. The VIN should have a J as the 5th digit.

Are there any body stampings on the body I need to verify?

The radiator support & cowl should have partial VINs if they are original to the car.

Trans codes?

D32 for automatic & D21 for 4 speed.

Rear axle codes?

Not coded on the tag, but they all came with 3. 55 or 3.91 suregrip rear ends. Check the window sticker / broadcast sheet 'D' codes to know which one.

I would trust Alaskan_TA to give you the
answers you need to identify your car.
He's a longtime member here and a straight shooter.
If you point and click on his name in his post above
it will give you the options to contact him and more.

Your new here and sounds like your not totally
sure what your getting into with this car.
If the car is as presented it could be very valuable
especially with the low mileage.
Check out his website: http://www.challengertaregistry.com/

sounds almost too good to bee true.

good luck,can't wait to see pix.

Sounds like you may have found a good car, but you need to take the time to check it out so you know what you are buying. Looking forward to the pictures and more information.
Matt

Here are the pics!
10gmv7c.jpg

35cnz3o.jpg

2qbdlk1.jpg

o9lkc9.jpg

dg2czd.jpg

2z7kj9d.jpg

It does appear to be a t/a from the picture I saw. Know you need to be checking the vin numbers, the numbers on the cowl, the fender tag, and the engine and trans numbers.
The engine should be a 340t/a motor and that would make a big difference over a regular 340. If it all checks out and is solid as you say it looks to be a good deal. Looks like it may have the original tires on it. You just need to do some more looking.
Matt

I will get pics of all the tags and codes.

I will also get the interior and underbody
Pics.

Did the TA get a special suspension? Brakes?

The car has power steering and power brakes.

Looks like some rust around the back glass to me where the vinyl top meets the glass on the RT side. You might want to double check the rear floor and trunk floor for rust damage.
Yes the T/A had a special suspension. It should also have the T/A steering box. Some cases cars did not have them, but most should. Alaskan T/A should be able to answer all of your question concerning these cars as he is very knowledgeable.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Matt

Great find.
The price is in line with what it's worth if all of the numbers check out.
I would say i needs a total restoration at this point though, because it's been sitting so long.
And a restoration by a reputable company, not a ''Gas Monkey Garage'' type place.
Do not attempt to fire it up or drive it until it's been properly checked out and prepared by a knowledgeable professional.
More pictures would be great!

-
Back