1970 Chrysler Newport Survivor with 137 original miles!! WOW

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
that is a very nice car! i hope it goes to someone that will appreciate it. very nice

Why would a car with such low mileage have so many incorrectly painted parts? The a/c compressor should be black as should the jack components in the trunk. Also, it's got radial tires at all 4 corners and in the trunk as a spare... and the spare wheel is painted white which is incorrect.

I'd approach this car with some suspicion if I were interested.

Yes, the a/c compressor and distributor is painted blue, all 5 rims are white, they should be black. The car was also repainted. The car was donated to a techanical school, I suppose all the kids worked on it at some time, and the paint got scratched up too. But still, 137 miles? Wow, I bet that thing runs and drives nice!

That is quite a find. In the past I would have been quite suspicious of an explanation that was in the history. However, after taking auto body courses at a local tech school, I seen a similar vehicle there. It was a new Chevy pickup that was damaged on the roof. I seen it sitting in the parking area at the school for the last two years without ever being moved! At some point in the future, the school will declare it surplus and "unload" it for a song.

I can't explain the blue a/c compressor. As for the spare, the other wheels are white. It may have had the spare and jack removed, so they may or may not be original... And, if you are changing out all the rubber for saftey, a lot of people would go ahead and change out the spare also.

The interior sure looks like it could be as represented.
C

That is quite a find. In the past I would have been quite suspicious of an explanation that was in the history. However, after taking auto body courses at a local tech school, I seen a similar vehicle there. It was a new Chevy pickup that was damaged on the roof. I seen it sitting in the parking area at the school for the last two years without ever being moved! At some point in the future, the school will declare it surplus and "unload" it for a song.

I can't explain the blue a/c compressor. As for the spare, the other wheels are white. It may have had the spare and jack removed, so they may or may not be original... And, if you are changing out all the rubber for saftey, a lot of people would go ahead and change out the spare also.

The interior sure looks like it could be as represented.
C

When I went to auto body repair school, there was a 50-something Desoto, fresh paint with a baby hemi in it. The previous owner couldn't pay the college for the work on the car. So it sat there for about 8 years. They sold the car to a student for about about $800.

It's a nice car, a bit too incorrect to be a "survivor". Someone will get a car that drives and probably smells like new. At least the history explains the odd painted stuff.

I`m with DemonDave, way to many things are incorrect with this car, While it may be a nice car something just seems odd about it.

so it was at a vo-tech school.. god only knows what they screwed up on the car. and the car has a messed up VIN? yes probably legal but sure not original.. and the way everything is painted blue tells me that ***** has been taken apart by probably some slacker students. it sure is clean but not worth anywhere near the 8k bid its at in my opinion.

Hmmm... I think I'd prefer my 137 original mile car to be slightly less molested, and substantially more original than that one. Call me crazy.:happy6:

wouldnt but anything from ebay, also check out guys feedback

Valve seals are most likely dried out/cracked by now. I does appear the engine has been messed with a little (painted parts ect.). I noticed the factory markings they put on the valve covers have been cleaned off or painted over.

I just noticed, they have two different colors on the engine going on. They got mopar blue in some places, and ford blue in others (like the middle of the ps valve cover).

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back