-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnutz144

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
After much grief and anguish, I have decided to sell my 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger. It is a true Swinger with build sheet and fender tag, documented by Galen Govier. It is an original 318 car, but the 318 is long gone. It now has a 72 340 block .030 over, with an Eagle 416 stroker rotating assembly, complete with Eagle forged crank, Mahle 11 to 1 pistons, and a Comp Cams hydraulic roller 286/294 544/541 cam with matching Comp Cams hydraulic roller lifters, Smith Bros. push rods, Edelbrock Victor 340 intake, Holley 750 double pumper carb with choke eliminator and 50cc accelerator pumps. It has Patriot ceramic coated headers with Magnaflow mufflers and 3” exhaust with turn downs before the rear axle. It has a Jegs aluminum radiator and an electric fan with temp activated control switch, aluminum pulleys, chrome alternator, vaccum pump, MSD 6AL box, Mopar Performance electronic distributor and Mopar Performance black valve covers and breather. The 904 auto transmission was just rebuilt 3 weeks ago, with Kevlar bands and new clutches, and a 4.2 kickdown was added, along with a TCI Super Street Fighter 3500 stall converter and Turbo Action valve body that is full auto or manual select. It also has a chrome pan and a driveshaft loop off the crossmember. The rear end is a 8 ¼ sure grip with a Richmond 391 gear, new (2007) Mopar Performance springs, front spring lowering brackets, Competition Engineering shocks all around, and CalTracs installed last year. A new windshield was installed the year it was painted (2007, frame-up resto), and new carpet. The seats and dash are original, and are in very good shape (not perfect, but still pretty good). The front power brakes were switched to disc from a 73 Scamp, and the power brake booster and master cylinder were rebuilt then as well. It is a factory A/C car, and I have all of the components to hook it back up. I also have the 14” steel wheels with tires, and a pair of Mickey Thompson street E/T’s on the same weld-type wheels that are on it now. It has won many local car show/cruise in trophies, and is a very sharp car. It is not perfect; there may be a small chip or scratch but not many. I drive this car wherever I wanna go, and I even take it on the freeway at 60-65 MPH (at 33-3400 RPM). Even on a hot day, like today (93 degrees and high humidity), I drove it for 25 minutes without stopping in town and on the freeway, and it never gets hotter than 190-195 degrees. It is a great street car that if you want, you can take it to the track and play with it (although I’ve only had it out during Mopar Nats 2-3 times, and have yet to run it with the new tranny/converter/valve body). If you want a strong running, beautiful A-Body, that doesn’t need too much of anything, this is it. There is so much more that I didn’t include, and I have a file about 3-4” thick of every receipt I’ve spent on the car.

Price is $18,500…..cash or verified cashier’s check…no trades. Can be seen at Mopar Nats Aug. 12-14, or earlier if you’re local. Car is located in Central Ohio area.

Attachments

• Dart Pics 2011 026.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 2,537
  • Dart Pics 2011 020.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 2,110
  • Dart Pics 2011 019.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 2,132
  • Dart Pics 2011 017.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 2,100
  • Dart Pics 2011 016.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 2,130
  • Dart Pics 2011 012.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 2,154
  • Dart Pics 2011 010.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 2,156
  • Dart Pics 2011 014.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 2,150
  • Dart Pics 2011 009.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 2,122
  • Dart Pics 2011 025.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 2,194
Thanks....I'll probably shed a tear when it sells....I have 2 other cars I'm selling after this, then I'll be a wreck...LOL

Oh yeah, another thing...Edelbrock aluminum heads...forgot that...but then again, you can probably tell from the engine pics....

Very nice. Runs a little warm though "190-915". What is you wheel combo? Those would look nice on my swinger. Good luck w/sale

Yeah that's me typing too fast and not knowing how to edit my ad....915 degrees and those aluminum heads would be liquid....LOL...I'll fix it....

Wheels are 15 X 4 fronts and 15 X 7 rears...tires in rear are 235/60/15....a little room left for bigger but not much. The painted 14" steel wheels are included with the dog dish hubcaps, but 2 of the painted wheels are small bolt pattern-when I got the car it still had drums on the front with 4" pattern, then I put the disc setup off of the 73 Scamp which is large pattern. I have 2 large pattern steel wheels but they need painted, and they go with it as well.

Some trunk and underside pics....best I can do with 2 car ramps and a ladder...LOL

Attachments

• Dart Undercarriage 015.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 1,298
  • Dart Undercarriage 013.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,361
  • Dart Undercarriage 012.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,319
  • Dart Undercarriage 009.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,335
  • Dart Undercarriage 008.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,322
  • Dart Undercarriage 007.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,380
Thanks zhandfull.....had it out driving around today enjoying it while I can..

I have another pair of head rests that I got at the 'Nats this weekend that I need to dye the correct color and put them in...my driver's side head rest is cracked pretty bad, and these are perfect, just a different shade of blue..I will do that in the next few days or a week or so...when I get some time...

That is one heck of a car you have there and a lot of money under that hood too. A video of that car running would really help sell it. Most people have no idea what an engine like that can do. Sorry to hear you have to sell.

I'll try to get a video on here.....in the meantime, here's the headrests after I dyed them and redid the chrome strips...look waaaaayyyy better than what was there....a little lighter than what was there before, but they match the top of the seat better....now I have a dilemma: how to get the old headrests out....I thought they just pulled out but they're in there pretty good....anyone have any suggestions or tips?

Attachments

• Head Rests 003.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 896
  • Head Rests 004.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 879
  • Head Rests 005.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 894
the way I had to do it is when I replaced my seat covers was to pull up on the back seat cover till you can reach the release that holds them in I am sure they sell some tool that will get in from the top to push on the release.they will not come off by just pulling them up.

Yeah after I posted that, I went to the interior forum and saw someone else was having the same issue....(love this website, always get the help you need!)...I got one post freed up, still working on the other, haven't tried the passenger side yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back