1970 Dodge Dart GT ~ DarTT

-
Imma take care of the floorboards atleast so I can have that off my mind. Worrisome Willy only makes more problems

Btw, pics tomorrow from Bruce of the cleaned up Dart, It got too dark while I was there

Can't wait to see it!!! Sounds like a great lil' project....

Bruce snapped two pictures of me washing the GT, I unfortunately didn't have my camera last time. But I will snap some more pictures when I head down there tomorrow

THANKS AGAIN BRUCE!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

2010-08-18MikeKs70DartGT1.jpg

2010-08-18MikeKs70DartGT0.jpg

Looking foward to your visit!
We will take everything outta her and do an inventory on parts so I can get ya any little do dads that might be missing.
I ain't worth a crap physicaly these days but I can still see and talk. LOL
We will also clean out the dust, dirt, and whatever.

Oh yeah! Did you visit the 1970-1971 Dart GT Registry Grab Bag store yet?
https://www.cafeshops.com/7071dartgt Check it out!
(You will get security certificate error messeges from Explorer but it IS secure as far as I have ever known. Dunno what is up with that.)

Later,
Bruce B.

Looking foward to your visit!
We will take everything outta her and do an inventory on parts so I can get ya any little do dads that might be missing.
I ain't worth a crap physicaly these days but I can still see and talk. LOL
Also clean out the dust, dirt, and whatever.

Later,
Bruce B.

yep yep!! lots and lots of boxed junk to go through and a coffee can filled with bolts and nuts

congrats dartt when you bringing it home?
Probably at the end of November. Maybe later. Pending some sorting out of things. Such as a nice garage for her.

And thank you very much. This will be my first real project car.

Probably at the end of November. Maybe later. Pending some sorting out of things. Such as a nice garage for her.

And thank you very much. This will be my first real project car.

Pretty hyped are ya???? Stay hyped and you'll get her built in no time... Set your goals and stick with em' and do it once and do it right....

Pretty hyped are ya???? Stay hyped and you'll get her built in no time... Set your goals and stick with em' and do it once and do it right....
Got 'em set pretty much. Just yet to figure out all the details. And thats what I believe in doing things right the first time

Too many pics to post in one update, sooo, here is a link to the photobucket album. 51 pics is too many by my opinion.

Went through everything in the dart and found out my chairs are two different patterns and my inner fenders are solid. My headliner looks like it can be saved. Im staying the night down here at Bruce's. Tomorrow maybe I will get some POR15 down on the floors, depending on how bad they really are. My grinder cut out after some time of using it. We went through the boxes of stuff and I have a really good grill and bezels and some stuff that doesn't belong to my car (some fair condition butterscotch b-body arm rests). Im really digin it so far. Check out my taillights. Almost new goodness.

http://s749.photobucket.com/albums/xx138/DarTTT/1970 Dodge Dart GT/

heck ya Man I know just how you feel!!!

hey bruce....sorry I havent been chatting much anymore...my duster being 8' away in the garage keeps me busy!!!

Good luck man, I love 70 Darts....oddball year, but they look absolutely beautiful when done right!

check out my Duster refurbish thread.

:cheers:

heck ya Man I know just how you feel!!!

hey bruce....sorry I havent been chatting much anymore...my duster being 8' away in the garage keeps me busy!!!

Good luck man, I love 70 Darts....oddball year, but they look absolutely beautiful when done right!

check out my Duster refurbish thread.

:cheers:

I have been I am subrscribed. :-D
white paint job with black top and black stripe and blacked out hood. trust me, I got taste. lol. lots of stuff in boxes and a ways to go for sure

Btw, Prine, I take that compliment with alot of pride because you always do a great job

From what I can see in those pics your floors and structure look great... Most older cars at some point have been hit/wrecked, you can usually tell if you look hard enough at the fender, door, panel alignment.. Looks like you've found an excellent project...

From what I can see in those pics your floors and structure look great... Most older cars at some point have been hit/wrecked, you can usually tell if you look hard enough at the fender, door, panel alignment.. Looks like you've found an excellent project...
Thanks, my grinder from HF crapped out in 5 minutes before I could clean up all the rust in the drivers pan, but I discovered it needs a patch there or a new pan. The grinder was literally out of the box and died in about 15 minutes

Just a better look at the two different patterns on the seats.
IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

I really wanna reupholster over the pattern with white down the middle, anybody got any suggestions?

You should be able to order 2-new matching covers from SummiT, thay used to sale the covers and seat seperate, I guess thay still do...

Summit still sales just the covers ($32.00 each).. Thay have all black, yellow, blue or red inserts...

SUM-G1111C.jpg

Napa sells profeshional grade rattle can SEM dye, Dye the inserts, I use that dye on steering wheels all the time....
I really hope summit seat skins aren't different than the two I already have. Guess the only way to prevent that is buy 2.

Will it make black white?

I really hope summit seat skins aren't different than the two I already have. Guess the only way to prevent that is buy 2.

Will it make black white?

I would get the ones with the yellow inserts if want to dye them white...

Update! I got her covered up after trying to futilely move her. Turned out Bruce didn't have the right key. We were just gonna move her somewhere not under pine trees in his yard.
IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

That cover looks like a dry area cover (garage or carport type).. Doesnt look like it will keep the rain out.. I'm not telling you what to do but I'd take the grinder back to HF and get my $20 back, buy a 4-1/2" drill master grinder and pick up like a 8x12 or 10x15 water proof tarp while you're there to put over your dart...

That cover looks like a dry area cover (garage or carport type).. Doesnt look like it will keep the rain out.. I'm not telling you what to do but I'd take the grinder back to HF and get my $20 back, buy a 4-1/2" drill master grinder and pick up like a 8x12 or 10x15 water proof tarp while you're there to put over your dart...
Yeah, I already took it back and got a Porter Cable angle grinder for $35 cuz I know Imma be using that grinder quite a bit in the future.

And the car cover is a water repellent and UV treated one. Its also breathable. It'll do its job better than nothing for now. Also, the car being 3 hours away kinda keeps me from fixing that now sadly

-
Back