1970 duster flashers issue

-

travism

Reaction score
i have a 1970 duster and ive bin having problems with the rear turn signals when I turn on the passenger side turn signal nothing happens and the flasher terminal doesn't make any noise. anyone have any idea what it could be?

First thing I'd do because it's easy:

Do the 4x hazard flashers work?

Then swap the flashers and see if the turns now work.

You can pull the turn flasher and jumper across the flasher connector. This will cause the lamps to stay on solid when you select turn, and will show that the TS switch, wiring, sockets, bulbs etc are OK

Do both brake lights work OK?

Suspect the TS switch

First thing I'd do because it's easy:

Do the 4x hazard flashers work?

Then swap the flashers and see if the turns now work.

You can pull the turn flasher and jumper across the flasher connector. This will cause the lamps to stay on solid when you select turn, and will show that the TS switch, wiring, sockets, bulbs etc are OK

Do both brake lights work OK?

Suspect the TS switch
Near the same problem here, going to investigate today. The only wiring I didn`t replace in mine! 49 yr old wiring in the column came back to bite me in the ---

Have you tried replacing the flasher unit. There are 2
I have , it didn`t help . Ordered a new turn signal set up . Any one know of a good way to pull the new wires in w/o taking the column out/ I can barely slide the existing wires back and forth, much less have room to tie on to them .

There is another one that should be in a bracket on the left side of the steering column. But the chances of it still being in the bracket are pretty slim

Those wander around year-to-year, I'd look up above the ash tray near the column or between it and the radio. Might be slightly different appearance, IE longer, shorter round, or a small rectangular. Both are 2-pin "L" shaped connector

-
Back