1970 Duster headlight splash shield

-

Bills70

Reaction score
does any one have pics of where the splash shield go exactly. I did not take mine off, so I am not sure just where they go except by the head lights. I have put my front end back together and for got to install them, do I need to take the front end back apart? I sure hope not!

DSC00197.JPG

Yeah, there are multiple splash shields in the engine bay area, so a photo would help.

Grille should come out to do the radiator support black out treatment though......

Grille should come out to do the radiator support black out treatment though......

Yes I agree. You see to many guys showing off their shiny rad supports they are proud of. It takes from the look of the car as remembered by us old guys. I like seeing the contour and style of the grille not whats behind it.

Yeah, there are multiple splash shields in the engine bay area, so a photo would help.

what do you mean when you are talking about "radiator support black out treatment"

Yes I agree. You see to many guys showing off their shiny rad supports they are proud of. It takes from the look of the car as remembered by us old guys. I like seeing the contour and style of the grille not whats behind it.
"old guy's" what are you talking about, if you get much older than me your dead! I am 70

"old guy's" what are you talking about, if you get much older than me your dead! I am 70
That is great that you are still enjoying the Mopar , Nice car. I am only 62 But fighting cancer. So things are slowing down a bit for me.

That is great that you are still enjoying the Mopar , Nice car. I am only 62 But fighting cancer. So things are slowing down a bit for me.
sorry to hear that! I bought this car back in 2009 and was suppose to get er back in the spring of 2010 but the place that was painting it did not did not get er done until late spring 2017! you could say I was beyond pissed off. they kept saying next! next year! now I am just glad to have it back. this is my first Mopar that I have ever worked on and I did not take this car apart so I am having "fits". I do have a 300C but I have never had to work on it yet. I have mostly owned Chevys my hole life with a few Fords ( 54 two door, 68 wagon, 69 van and I still own a 65 Stang) you take care. Bill

bills 65 mustang.jpg

does any one have pics of where the splash shield go exactly. I did not take mine off, so I am not sure just where they go except by the head lights. I have put my front end back together and for got to install them, do I need to take the front end back apart? I sure hope not!

View attachment 1715148801

Bill, they can be installed with the fenders on. Don’t have a pic handy but I think it’ll be pretty obvious one you have the splash shields with clips in hand and look up in there behind the headlight bucket. There are little holes where the clips snap into.

I’m happy with the stuff I get from Restoration Specialties: 1970-1971 Plymouth 'A' Body Front Fender Rear Top Splash Seal With Clips

Download their pdf catalog.

Bill, they can be installed with the fenders on. Don’t have a pic handy but I think it’ll be pretty obvious one you have the splash shields with clips in hand and look up in there behind the headlight bucket. There are little holes where the clips snap into.

I’m happy with the stuff I get from Restoration Specialties: 1970-1971 Plymouth 'A' Body Front Fender Rear Top Splash Seal With Clips

Download their pdf catalog.
thanks! I will start pulling my headlights and buckets out today! I will also check out Restoration Spec.

Sorry, I post the wrong link to the seal itself. That's for the rear upper portion of the fender. They also have a vertical seal that runs along the edge of the bolt-in metal splash shield behind the tire.

The headlight seal in the photo (Resto specialties lists it as '71-'72) is HLS018. The rear upper (from the link) is FFRT004. and the vertical strip that goes between the metal shield and fender is FFRV004.

1971-1972 Duster Headlight Seal With Clips
1970-1971 Plymouth 'A' Body Front Fender Rear Vertical Splash Seal With Clips

Catalog download: http://www.restorationspecialties.com/161148_Restoration_Cat_txt_1_.pdf

Sorry, I post the wrong link to the seal itself. That's for the rear upper portion of the fender. They also have a vertical seal that runs along the edge of the bolt-in metal splash shield behind the tire.

The headlight seal in the photo (Resto specialties lists it as '71-'72) is HLS018. The rear upper (from the link) is FFRT004. and the vertical strip that goes between the metal shield and fender is FFRV004.

1971-1972 Duster Headlight Seal With Clips
1970-1971 Plymouth 'A' Body Front Fender Rear Vertical Splash Seal With Clips

Catalog download: http://www.restorationspecialties.com/161148_Restoration_Cat_txt_1_.pdf
I am glad I looked at this photo again, because those splash shields look to be inside the front wheel well behind headlights and while I am there I will look to see if the ones in back are there also. it probably does not matter if there in there or not, because I will not be driving this car in the rain, but I still want them on car! you would have thought that the guy who did the body and paint would have replaced them, since he took the old ones off!

-
Back