1970 Duster , What are these holes for??

-

va-mopar

Reaction score
I bought a 1970 Plymouth Duster the other day, and there are holes in both rear quarters at the rear quarter glass on both sides, Anyone know what go's there or did someone put them there for some odd reason? Thanks' in advance. Sorry, Forgot to add pic's

Attachments

• 000_1148.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 529
  • 000_1147.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 536
My 70 dart has those hole from back glass to the vent window.They hold a chrome strip on.Maybe the doors were replaced with none trim doors.

Ok. So the doors should have the same holes and or trim? Do you know of thoes parts avalible?

If you decide to add the trim,which is the easiest way to fix the problem,you can drill the holes in the door.I can get the measurements off my dart swinger if you need them.the clips slide so its not an exact science.I don't know for fact but you should be able to find the trim.

I have never seen a duster with that trim. Anyone have any pics of one with it?

For a second I thought mine had that trim, so I had to go check. Nope. I do have the rocker and wheel trim, which I'm told is rather uncommon.

Anybody have a pic of that trim on a duster, i would like to see it, never knew there was a option for trim there, cool, learn something new everyday.

I don't know if you can see it in the pictures to well, But these trim pieces will be for sale soon as im going to part the car out.

Attachments

• 000_1244 (600 x 400).jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 400
  • 000_1245 (600 x 400).jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 409
..all 4
drip rail,belt line,wheel well.rocker trim..1970
hope this works

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 388
Wow! Never seen that before. Looks really good though. I've seen rocker moldings but, never the top of the doors.

badlilred very nice ride also, maybe the moulding was used on cars going to certain parts of the US? I have never seen those mouldings on a 70 or 71,72 duster here in the northeast

tx D67
individual codes 31 belt moulding
26 wheel lip
2 sill
21 drip trough
scoops were not avail. in '70.
i may remove them.

Was that rocker trim or door trim available for '72 Darts?

I've always wondered...what governs the twin scoop colors? I've seen some body color (mostly on white cars?) and some black.

-
Back