"1970 Pro Touring Dart Build"

-
I did, sorry I haven't gotten back to you.
I need to clone myself so I can get more done in a day... Or at least have it so that one of me could have a couple rum and cokes. :)

If you go to the Mopar National's I'll mix ya' one of our speciality made drinks, they'll spoil you from the traditional rum and cokes

If you go to the Mopar National's I'll mix ya' one of our speciality made drinks, they'll spoil you from the traditional rum and cokes

I'll have to take a rain check on that offer. Won't make it there this year since I'm trying to focus my funds on getting the Dart completed.

I will make it out to the Nats someday. When I do, I'll be driving the Dart there so I can be part of the "cool" crowd.

I'll have to take a rain check on that offer. Won't make it there this year since I'm trying to focus my funds on getting the Dart completed.

I will make it out to the Nats someday. When I do, I'll be driving the Dart there so I can be part of the "cool" crowd.

Trust Me, I don't plan on stopping on the Rum & cokes anytime soon, so the offer will be good for few years to come, I can't join the cool crowd for a few years myself...if at all, since I'm only a small block guy. Maybe we can sit behind them (except for Mark)

It will be going onto a custom K member with coil overs.

Progress update.

Spring perches have been moved in and I'm starting to work on the lower radiator brace.
2012-03-02_23-42-59_754.jpg

2012-03-02_23-41-13_778.jpg

I won't show you my final welded product because it isn't the prettiest.
2012-03-03_13-42-30_718.jpg

2012-03-03_15-26-25_960.jpg

Speaking of welding... I had a chunk of weld spatter off when I hit an area that had primer on it. Lets just say this still tickles.

I've got sweat and tears, but try as it may I haven't given it any blood yet!

2012-03-03_14-37-06_580.jpg

Very nice scar! Welcome to the club.Plenty of welding burn's from being underneath a car etc. Im going to have to make a rotiserrie. I just cant imagine me climbing underneath anymore. Every time I lay down under a car I usually fall asleep!

I sure like that rotiserrie,and the lift! Nice equipment.

Hre's to scrap metal hunting:drinkers:.Maybe I can scrounge enough up!

Speaking of welding... I had a chunk of weld spatter off when I hit an area that had primer on it. Lets just say this still tickles.

I've got sweat and tears, but try as it may I haven't given it any blood yet!

2012-03-03_14-37-06_580.jpg

been there, done that......remember if it were easy every would or could do it ....the progress looks good.

At least you are wearing ear plugs. Wait till you get a piece of slag down your ear hole. You can hear is sizzle for quite a while. Dang that hurts.

At least you are wearing ear plugs. Wait till you get a piece of slag down your ear hole. You can hear is sizzle for quite a while. Dang that hurts.

Wow, that is something i hope to never experience!

Cut off the old leaf spring mounts and sand blasted it today. I'm now chaffing in places the sun doesn't shine. That damn sand gets EVERYWHERE!
2012-03-09_11-34-17_226.jpg

Cut out the rusted trunk area and made the patch panel for it.
Working on the trunk floor next.

2012-03-09_14-18-05_333.jpg

Some parts **** for you guys. Fresh off the truck.

2012-03-09_15-37-11_907.jpg

2012-03-09_15-42-44_712.jpg

2012-03-09_15-46-48_604.jpg

New Griffin raidiator 27.5" x 19" x 2" is on order. I went a little over kill on the size, at least I shouldn't have any cooling issues. :)
FYI i spelled radiator wrong on purpose. for some reason it kept hot linking to ebay.

I'll get that Milodon pan just as soon as I find your car and a hydrolic jack that will slide under that low rider. :)
The $460 for it is outside my price range for an oil pan.

Went back to my previous company 2 weeks ago as a network engineer, and newborn son this past Tuesday.
Not leaving much time for the Dart right now. I can't complain though, my wife is an amazing woman and knows that I need my shop time to retain the little sanity I have left. Hoping I can get out there and do some work today or tomorrow.

Thanks!

Since I'm up to my eyeballs in real life and now have limited time I'm able to use my friends shop. I've enlisted the help of another friend who does body work for a living.

Started the mini tub a couple days ago.
2012-03-24_17-07-06_799.jpg

Got the trunk patch panel in. Will do the trunk floor once the mini tub is done.

2012-03-24_17-46-58_217.jpg

He started welding up the trim holes and found this awesomeness on the drivers quarter.

Surprise, surprise... This should be fun to see what kind of mess is hiding behind it. Good thing I've got a body man now.
2012-03-24_17-25-24_352.jpg

Congrats on the baby. I have four of my own, so I feel your pain. Don't you just love finding filler like that. I had the same on my dart quarters.

Thanks!

Here is the munchkin. He makes so many faces that I find myself laughing way more now then i have in a long time.

2012-03-23_15-58-54_248.jpg

OUTSTANDING!

looks like he's sleepin at the line...be carefull...he might just be snookern' ya and try two countin' you

It will be a little while before hes able to pull one over on me. :D

Lower radiator brace is in. Still have to get the the radiator brackets and the grill brace welded on.

2012-03-25_17-27-13_562.jpg

-
Back