Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCar340

The Original Partstitute
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Fresh off the boneyard column I bought this weekend is this 1970 Swinger steering wheel. It is, or rather was, a green Rim Blow unit (part number 4010FF8). The rim is indeed blown, as is the rest of the plastic. Some dweezil installed a Farmer Bob horn button in the center of the pad, although credit where due: His wiring looked factory (I removed the button). I can say this: it's not bent, so there is a positive here. The internal horn-wire connection is intact as well. If you've got a green-interior '70 Dart coded for a Rim Blow, this was the type of wheel in your car when it was built (woodgrain was E-body only until '71). This is a 1-year-only part; the 1971 version was a different shade of green (GF8).

The urge was strong to lob this straight into the trash can, but this is a hard unit to find in any shape. I'll concede that "better than nothing" is debatable in this case, but it can be restored--at considerable expense. With that in mind, it's priced accordingly... and heads up, there's an un-farmered green center pad in decent shape on that one auction site at the moment! You're halfway home! Well, not fiscally.

Click on the pictures to enlarge them. I don't want anyone to be surprised by how bad this really is. I have several more detail shots if you're a fan of steering-wheel slasher flicks... ya weirdo. I'll take even more if you're interested or truly into tiller gore.

$35 plus the shipping from 54151. Check, money order, magic beans, and trades for far-more-valuable Mopar parts considered. I don't do PayPal, but if a credit-card payment is of paramount importance, I have that capability through work. Add 5% of the total to cover fees. We don't do AmEx.

100_4715.JPG

100_4717.JPG

100_4718.JPG

100_4719.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back