1971 10" drum brake pic?

-

lenky1

Reaction score
Needing some help. I need a pic of the back of drum so I can see how hard line and bracket are mounted. Any help is appreciated. Tt

Did you try Google Images? On the front wheel cylinders, the tube comes in at 45 deg. The cylinders are different for L & R sides. The same casting, but they tap the hole on a different side for each. I forgot if the tube approaches from the front or rear, but just look at rockauto photos and it will tell, plus photos in the FSM. The rear tubes come in at 90 deg, so the same wheel cylinder for L & R.

Hi. Did you ever find any photos of the back of a 10" drum? I am needing to see how the hard line is mounted as well. Thanks!

Best I've got from a '70 Dart......

Bracket gets mounted on a backing plate bolt between the steering knuckle and backing plate. The little anchor tab on the bracket gets put into the little hole in the steering Knuckle.

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG

My Bad......Sorry for the mis-lead.

That bracket gets installed on the back side of the steering Knuckle under the bolt head. That's the only way the little tab can fit into the hole in the steering knuckle:BangHead:

-
Back