1971 dart bucket seat frame, or 71 duster bucket seat frame pics.

-

swingingdart

Reaction score
Could somebody post some pics of 71 dart bucket seat frames? I have frames for 73' dart sport, but I can only buy foam for 71 dart, or 71 duster demon. so I want to see what the frames look like, so maybe I can turn my 73s into 71s. Or use demon foam and turn them into demon buckets. any suggestions? comments? and pics would be nice. thanks guys!

The 73 frames dont have springs on the seatback frame and the 71 do so if you put 71 foam on a 73 frame it just kind of floats there and there isnt anything to attach the cover to. I dont know about 73 duster seats but 73 cuda have a "spring system" molded into the foam and the foam was thicker and pressed against the plastic seat back. I just recovered 73 cuda seats with 71 demon foam and covers and it was a pain I ended up cutting the springs out of the old foam and putting them behind the new foam and using some of the old foam to fill in the gaps. It came out ok but i wouldn't do it again.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 340
  • photo2.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 338
i have bucket seats out of a 76 volare roadrunner, they look just like 70 A body seats. I was thinking of using 70 foam and covers, i wonder if i will run into the same problem?

well, I just uncovered my frames, and I was thinking that maybe if ya'll showed some pics of the frames I could compare them. lol but it looks like we're all in the same boat, yes my frames don't have springs in the back, only the bottom.

Everything in the seat back is molding into the foam. Not to mention the bottom foam for 70 foam doesn't even look like mine and my seat covers just have the lines going down middle

oh right the 73 doesnt have a plastic back, the seats i did were 72 then the 73 is foam molded over the entire frame so who knows whats in there

yeah, I was just kinda hoping that maybe duster buckets, or dart buckets would have the same frames. I can't find any pics on the internet, so I don't know yet. ah well.

well I went to interior shop and he said they cant even make the foam since the frame is molded in. So he is just going to fix thw e missing parts and lay a new layer of foam down middle. Better then nothing I guess

okay, well it apears that I'm gonna have to get different bucket seats to be able to redo them completely. ah well. thanksguys.

-
Back