1971 Demon 340 4spd butterscotch

-

dusmon

Reaction score
Any one have specs on how many 1971 Demon 340 4spd butterscotch cars were made?

Unfortunately, ma Mopar didn't see fit to keep track of how many cars were built in a certain color. In 1971 there were 10,098 demon 340's sold. Haven't been able to find a break down on auto vs 4 speed either. I wouldn't be surprised if less than half were 4 speeds.

EL5 is actually a Plymouth color, and I've been told that it had to be ordered to get it on a Dodge. It was actually considered one of the "high impact" colors. I would imagine that combo would be fairly rare, but I don't think you're going to prove it was a "1 of ..." car. I have seen a few Demons in that color, although I have no idea if they were 340 or 4 speed cars.

I had one . No options at all. no scoops no wing just the stripes in black. Bench seat. Hounds tooth int. Tach, . It was a 4spd with 391's. I still have the fenders, Dash and harness , Trans and diff. Car was pretty quick. This is one car I wish I wouldn't have parted. But no one wanted it at the time. I have pics of the car from years back. I liked that color on the Demon more than the Duster. I had two Dusters that color. My orange Duster in my avatar was originally Butterscotch. If I ever redo it I will return it to that color . If it don't sell soon. Only because every one checks the code and gives me grief for The non mopar color on the car. It is vitamin-C without the metalic. and brightened up a bit. I get alot of thumbs up. But it should have been left what it was because of its rarity. It is a v24 car also

EL5 was not just a Plymouth color. It was called Bahama Yellow when on a Dodge. The "E" stands for the fact that the color was introduced in 1969. It was a "spring color" and was only available for a limited time in 1969. They re-introduced it for 1971. I owned a 71 Challenger that was originally EL5. I repainted it the original color since it was so unusual. Matter of fact, it was the first car I ever painted 100% by myself.

To me, it is a great color. Matter of fact, I am considering painting my "new" '72 Demon that color...

Im the owner of a 69 Dart/Bahama Yellow. Late 69 model year build. I love the color and in 69 was only available if special ordered. Was this the case in 71 as well?

actually....butterscotch was the dodge name for the color and bahama yellow was chrysler-plymouths name.
great color.

Im the owner of a 69 Dart/Bahama Yellow. Late 69 model year build. I love the color and in 69 was only available if special ordered. Was this the case in 71 as well?

The color became "standard" in terms of availability for 1971. Brother has a 71 Superbee in this color.

Grant

I bought my 1971 butterscotch demon 340 4speed in 1990 and have it in storage since but think it is time to restore it.

dig it out. i think its time too. you do nice work so it ll be fun to watch your resto.

-
Back