1971 Scamp Can I Fit a 440 in without a scoop?

-

PacificScamp

'71 Scamp
Reaction score
The question is simple, but I don't know the answer. If you have done it, please enclose a pic, and any recommendations or cautions about it. I am getting ready to dive into body work now.

you can make it work you need to pm jim lusk or go over to big block dart they have lots of info on this swap I put a 383 in my 71 dart ,I used the schumaker swap kit and their headers engineswaps.com biblockdart.com those are two good places to start.

Yep.

I even run a 440 w/ an air cleaner and the hood closes with no hitting.

I have Schumacher mounts, and did have his headers too. The headers will make it so you can fit the 440 in without cutting or dinging anything up.

You also have to notch the driver side part of the K-frame for the oil pump.

http://www.engine-swaps.com/

Fortunately for me when I got my stuff, my dad and I just drove to his house. He lives about 15 min from us. :cheers:

I just moved from Auburn down to Arizona (it was down in the 90's today)! I almost picked up my Schumacher mounts while I was there, but I'll just have them shipped.

Good to see a successful install, I started second guessing after seeing all the Darts and Scamps with scoops. I prefer to skip the scoops and surprise people a little more.

Thanks for the pic too.

its possible but depends on your intake and air filter combo.

Anything is possible.

PA241353.jpg

383, Shumacher kit. "no scoop". Now running with stock hood.

-
Back