1971 Scamp. Here I go again, a little wiser I hope.

what V8 would you put in your A-body?

Votes: 39 26.2%

Votes: 45 30.2%

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • none of the above

Votes: 21 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

Jimmy

74 Swinger
Reaction score
I learned so much building the Dart but I'm going to do it again anyway. This Time the donor is in much better condition and is already a 360 car with 8 3/4, disk all the way around, tubular suspension, all the glass, no rust (aside from a little surface) no dents or holes...... the bad news? No engine, no transmission and no interior... plus it's in a million pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_2086.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 601
  • IMG_2087.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 575
572 Hemi with a pair of twin turbos :twisted:
Throw a 6-speed transmission and a Dana 60 out back (I'd go 3:54 gears but you pick the gear ratio).

look's like you are going too have you're hand's full-can't wait to see more :)

I voted for a 360. Only cause you can make a stroker with as much horse power as a big block. With lighter weight.
I don't think you can beat a 360 stroker that can make 500 HP. But if that
aint enough you can turbo it,.

Here you go, all the motor you'll ever need!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpDSvdLRODo&list=UUHYi8icg8EC6DvMJD5OcTOg&index=1&feature=plcp"]NEW 2500 HP CAD Billet Block 572 NRE HEMI. Mirror Image Turbos. Nelson Racing Engines. 1080P. - YouTube[/ame]

Already on the path the way it's set up, to be a good handler. That's why I said 360 rather than big block. And it was a real 360 car, even though it doesn't matter too much, but then why not just keep it 360 as opposed to 340. Cheaper, too.

Solid, set up nicely... that is the perfect project car, to me. Who cares about the interior, that's the least of a project car's potential problems.

correct me if im wrong but i dont think they came with 360's the biggest option was only the 318 until 74?

Yeah, I'm not sure, going by what the OP stated "already a 360 car with". I actually meant to say that if it is a real 360 car, that's gotta be rare in a Scamp (even more rare if that option was never offered!!!).

i would get it going with what ever you have readily available. i made the mistake of taking my car down to the shell with out any parts stashed for the rebuild. my car has been apart for 10 yrs. I have luckily kept my patients with the project and not given up like alot of us do. i know that if you have a running car that you can play with and upgrade as money/time allows you will have a better chance of finishing it. if i could go back i would have kept my small block in my car, built the engine i wanted and put that in. rebuilt the suspension and then did paint/interior.

Tough call. I have a big block car I race and am in the process of building a new 340 4-speed set up for my street car.

572 Hemi with a pair of twin turbos :twisted:
Throw a 6-speed transmission and a Dana 60 out back (I'd go 3:54 gears but you pick the gear ratio).
Let me know when you figure out a way to get it in there, keep a hood on it and make it run cool enough to drive it...beyond a 1/4 mile at a time....

Let me know when you figure out a way to get it in there, keep a hood on it and make it run cool enough to drive it...beyond a 1/4 mile at a time....

I kept my gtr cool, this would be more fun and all that torque :twisted:

correct me if im wrong but i dont think they came with 360's the biggest option was only the 318 until 74?

It was my understanding that 360 where only optioned for c body and trucks from 71-73. Then they replaced the 340 in 74. I always wanted to use my 71 360 in a 71 scamp and built a factory "what if" car.

-
Back