• 70 AAR

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • 72 Cuda 340 V21

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • I like cat food..

Votes: 16 18.4%

• Total voters
-
I vote leave it original color and stripes, looks awesome.

Build it your way but in the end it is still a 72.

For example I have seen some really nice dusters for sale, that somebody put an earlier front end / tail panel on and they seem to sit for a long time before selling vs something that has the correct year panels on it.

Build what makes you happy, but since you did ask, I think the 71 Cuda is the best looking Cuda ever. Hands down. All the rest pale in comparison.

I had a pretty nice 72 and really liked the grille and tail lights, I'd be cautious of doing a 71 clone if you ever sell it down the road. Not only that I would feel odd when people as what it is and I'd have to tell a story that it's a 72 made to look like a 71.
If you like the AAR look add the hood and black it out and the strips and spoilers. The 72 looks great this way and people know it's not real, and you don't have to explain it.

Thanks for all the thoughts and suggestions so far. Once the $ starts flowing out the decision will be made. I've got some metal work to do first. Whatever version I make it will be a clean & fun restomod driver

Hey 813Demon, how about restoring it as the 72 and then trying to work out a trade deal with the guy who has your 71?

DFX 340, thats a good idea. He's not a Mopar guy, but a true muscle car lover and has quite a collection. He won't let it go cheap thats fir sure, although he paid 6 figures for it when he bought it.

Hey 813Demon, how about restoring it as the 72 and then trying to work out a trade deal with the guy who has your 71?

DFX 340, thats a good idea. He's not a Mopar guy, but a true muscle car lover and has quite a collection. He won't let it go cheap thats fir sure, although he paid 6 figures for it when he bought it.

at least if he doesn't go for it then you will still have a sweet 72.

If your going to do that then it seems easier to me to clone a 71 and have a sure bet that you will have a 71 appearing car in the end. No gamble on anything and cut the chase that way.

I say do it the way you want.
Your money, your time, and you have to look at it/drive it 24/7.
If you are building it to sell it, make it another '71 Hemicuda clone.
For the poll reasons, i voted for the '70 AAR Cuda.
Those are the best looking E-Bodies in my opinion.

Sorry to all who like the 72/74 models but IMHO, i think they cheapened up the breed by 1972. Never liked the 72 up side parking lights, always screamed cheap to me. or the below bumper turn signal lights faked up to look like driving lights.

Id reskin it as a 4 headlight 71, but like the 70 taillights better, so id use those in the back, and id also ditch the fender gills.

-
Back