1972 Dart vibration

-
Reaction score
Ok looking for some help. I have just installed a 318 back into my 1972 Dart. All seemed well until the first test drive after the install. The Dart has a horrible vidration while accelerating which is slightly better while at a steady speed and goes away when not on the gas at all. Now for some other information that may help, I could not drive this vehicle before installing the engine because the original engine would not run much (just enough to get on the trailer). I felt no vibration when power breaking the vehicle and do not feel any miss fire. I was thinking maybe a universal joint binding up? Any ideas or thoughts would be great.
Thanks

Pretty much any time you have a vibration under load and none when decelerating it's a U joint.
But I guess it's possible a person could mistake a miss for a vibration and wrongly come to the same conclusion.

If you are sure it's not a miss, pull the driveline and flex all the pivot points to see.
It only takes 10 minutes to take it out and find out.

Pretty much any time you have a vibration under load and none when decelerating it's a U joint.
But I guess it's possible a person could mistake a miss for a vibration and wrongly come to the same conclusion.

If you are sure it's not a miss, pull the driveline and flex all the pivot points to see.
It only takes 10 minutes to take it out and find out.
Thanks I was thinking the same thing but some positive reinforcement helps.

Nice that you found what it was. I had similar situation, just got the car running, chasing vibrations. I ended up with a bad pressure plate and an out of balance driveshaft.

My guess is two bad u-joints and a poorly adjusted carb.
Hooray I finally got one right,lol.
Just Kidding, glad you got it sorted out.

Now, how about your T-Port sync? That should be next.

My guess is two bad u-joints and a poorly adjusted carb.
Hooray I finally got one right,lol.
Just Kidding, glad you got it sorted out.

Now, how about your T-Port sync? That should be next.

Yea you did.
Now explain to me why I have a "Disagree" on my question in post 5. :D

-
Back