-
Status
Not open for further replies.

wickiddemon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1972 Dodge Challenger Hemi Orange with the original white vinyl top for sale, asking price $25,000. The car came out of North Carolina were it was stored in a garage since 1979, in 2003 the car came out of hibernation. A friend of mine found it and he was actually capable of driving it home. All the interior pieces are original to the car they have been restored and put back in the car with new white vinyl seat covers. The car looks like a sleeper sporting the original outside and inside. But the guts behind the car are another story. It started off with the original 318 till it went on and met its maker. Then came time to build something that would survive the ages. 400 b block bored stroked and blueprinted by a Nascar shop in North Carolina. The car dynode at 565hp. The rotating assembly has been lighten thanks to a 440 source combination of parts. The trans is a built 727-torque flight with a gears vendor overdrive. Which is wonderful to have, you have the entire low-end grunt with the capability of cruising the freeway at 80mph with the motor only turning 2000 RPM. The Challenger has new steering gearbox, sway bar, heavier torsion bars, HD leaf springs from Firm Feel with caltracs. The 8.3/4 rear end is built with strange axles and strange 4.11 gears. New fuel system with electric pump. The A/C compressor is tucked away and not on top of the motor. The A/C box and components were restored and will actually get pretty cold when you’re driving. If you have any question fill free to PM Me more pics click the link www.buymycarstuff.blogspot.com

picture

Attachments

• challenger road.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 1,505
nice car too bad it's gotta go! you will probably never be able to get another like that one. such pristine shape

Hows does Dodge get 40 to 50 grand for the new ones when the broken in ones are so much better?

It depends on your patience and luxury of time. If you have a few months to try to sell, you can probably get closer to your asking price. If you are looking for a quick sale, then you slash the price.

BTW, I like it.

I had the twin to this car a couple yrs ago except plum crazy purple , white top and ralley stripes w/ go wing . It had about 50 miles on it with a 400 hp 383 and strugled but finally got 16 k

I'm not in a hurry to sell, I do enjoy the car. Guess I will just bide my time till someone comes around and wants the car. I actually got this car financed through my credit union and they would finance up to 80% of the NADA on the car. I got like 3% interest for 5 years.

One of my dilemmas is the fact the car was so nicely preserved with original parts, that I would hate to modify it to my likings. I’m kind into cutting things up and slapping on my personal touches but this car is so nice that I can’t bare to do it. I have a 54 Chevy truck that I am building that has pretty extensive sheet metal work done to it.

it's in great shape..i just went to the Atlantic City NJ car auction. A 70 Challenger w/ a 383 not #s matching..purple w/ lime green body stripes (ugly) and air brushed artwork on hood (ugly) automatic trans sold for $16,200 + auction fees he owned it for $17,000. Nowhere near your condition, but it was a 70. Wait for summer if you can before dropping price

didn't know summertime would be the best time to sell, is there a reasoning behind summertime being the best time. I can hold on to the car till then without a problem. love my car.

didn't know summertime would be the best time to sell, is there a reasoning behind summertime being the best time. I can hold on to the car till then without a problem. love my car.
actually spring into summer...most people get their tax returns back and have some cash...but unfortunately today's economy-unless they're self-employed, or don't have a wife that knows about the "secret" account, spending over 10g's doesn't happen overnight, just be patient..Maybe some more marketing..I have found making a video of it driving, idling,etc. helps gain interest

That's a good point considering one of the best feature of the car, is it's drive train. I'll put a video together this weekend thanks a lot for the advice. Option is to tell wifey that I am pushing the car to sell but no one is biting.:burnout:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back