1972 Dodge Dart Swinger Odd BUZZZZZZZZING Noise & Seat wires?

-

Manny Valencia

Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first ever project car and I am nearing the electrical portion.

I just installed the Dash and now I have power as there is 2 heavy gauge wires behind the dash that allow for connectivity of power through out the car.
view

And now it makes this buzzing noise when the car door is open, that I dont recall doing before.

Also, would anyone know what these wires with connectors under the seat are for?

Thank you guys for your time and consideration!

15857468_10207849815463666_404778277_o.jpg

The buzzer is behind the driver's side kick panel. You can just unplug it to stop the buzzing. I can't stand the buzzing!

The buzzer is behind the driver's side kick panel. You can just unplug it to stop the buzzing. I can't stand the buzzing!

Do you know what the buzzing is for? Lol

So I would just follow the wire that buzzer goes too and unplug it?

there should be 2 buzzers if memory serves me correct. someone can chime in if i'm wrong
1. is if you leave the lights on with door open
2. key in ignition door open

you can just unplug the buzzer, the buzzer has a plug directly on it. unplug it. It's behind the driver's side kick panel

yes that is key in the ignition buzzer with door open.....It is working the way it should.....personally I like things working as originally designed but if you don't like it. just unplug it as mentioned in previous posts, it is behind driver's side kick panel

Those plugs under the seat are for the seat belt warning light (my 75 Swinger has that light in the instrument cluster like yours)....... I pulled all my wiring out for it, cuz it's annoying, and I'm not doing a factory restoration. There should be a small metal strip attached to the bottom of the seat frame with those wires coming from it.......

Those plugs under the seat are for the seat belt warning light (my 75 Swinger has that light in the instrument cluster like yours)....... I pulled all my wiring out for it, cuz it's annoying, and I'm not doing a factory restoration. There should be a small metal strip attached to the bottom of the seat frame with those wires coming from it.......
Would you remember where it plugged into?

My car had the seat belt interlock module in it, so it would be wired differently than a 1972 would be....... I think the factory manual might have that wiring diagram in it..... Besides, I completely rewired the dash ( removed the fasten seat belt\ interlock wiring)..... Wished I could help.....

-
Back