-
Status
Not open for further replies.

demonjim

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I bought the car in January of 2020 with the intention of getting it back on the road. Built a new house last year and now don't have the funds to do it.
Solid car in primer, original 340 car with the original engine as far as I know.
727 torqueflite transmission, floor shift with console,
3.55 positive traction rear,
front disc brakes,
A/C car, (doesn't work)
power steering, ( needs steering sector replaced, have another unit that goes with the car)
ralley wheels,
bucket seats.
I'm in Tennessee, right in the very southeast corner.
$8000.00

IMG_0379 (1).JPG

IMG_0381 (1).JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0380 (1).JPG

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

IMG_0386 (1).JPG

IMG_0387 (1).JPG

IMG_0388 (1).JPG

What is the original color, picture of fender tag?
When I ran the decode, it showed the car was originally white with white interior. I will take a picture of the tag and post it.

My bad on the original color. Toolmanmike sent me a message confirming the car was originally black.

Last edited:
I'll try to get a better picture, the hose runs right over the left top corner of the tag, and the code there is not very clear.

1689865912175.png
The TX9 on the third row down , left side is the roof color. The TX9 directly below it is the body color. The TX9 in the middle of the 4th row down is the upper door frame color and the C6XW between the two is the trim code. Custom trim with vinyl buckets and black interior. (the book says white & black)

You can easily verify the engine's originality. There's a smooth pad on the passenger's side of the block, just above the oil pan rail about right in the middle fore and aft. It has a partial VIN that will match up with the VIN on the car if it is the numbers block to that car.

You can easily verify the engine's originality. There's a smooth pad on the passenger's side of the block, just above the oil pan rail about right in the middle fore and aft. It has a partial VIN that will match up with the VIN on the car if it is the numbers block to that car.
I went out and tried to look, but car has factory exhaust manifolds, so I can't see the pad. Been raining here the last couple of days and I really don't want to lay down under the car.

A little additional information; as stated in the original post, I bought the car in January of 2020. The car was kept in the garage during the first 2 years, then after we moved in in August of 2022, I kept a tarp over it. I didn't title it until Monday, the 17th. Title should be here in about another week and a half or so. Should have put that in the original post, but it slipped my mind. Sorry if that creates a problem for anyone interested. If someone wants the car before the title comes in, I can send it to them in the mail. Stamps don't cost much.

Last edited:
Can I come and look at it
Yep, but before you make that 2 hour drive, I didn't title the car until this past Monday, the 17th. If you want to come look and want the car, I will send the title to you when it comes in. I'll even call you and let you know it's coming so you can be looking for it.

So as to avoid confusion or hard feelings, I will give those interested in the Duster starting with the first response, second response, Down the line in order of response. Trying to be as fair as I can, so please understand.

demon jim: Saw the buyer backed out, whats next, your mailbox is again full, tried to send a note; you saw mine a day or so ago. George in Spruce Pine NC

If it's not sold yet I would love to take a look. I'm in Kodak, Sevier county. My last car was a 72 h code in fe5 red. What a mistake it was to sell!
Matt

demon jim: Saw the buyer backed out, whats next, your mailbox is again full, tried to send a note; you saw mine a day or so ago. George in Spruce Pine NC
I haven't heard from him today, but the last message I got from him was to say he will be here tomorrow between 2 and 5.

seemed like I saw someone say sorry, bought an orange street rod....must have been mixed up...George

seemed like I saw someone say sorry, bought an orange street rod....must have been mixed up...George
Not mixed up. It was badlilred79. He did buy a street rod. He can post photos and such on his own thread. No need to clutter up this sale thread with that information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back