1972 Duster with Forgeline wheels

-

mopar199

Reaction score
I recently added 18 inch Forgeline wheels to my duster. The car previously had 18 inch Coys C-57 chrome. Should I go back to chrome?

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 346
  • 021.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 397
  • 024.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 299
  • 023.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 314
The blacks look pretty cool! Lets see a side shot of the whole car

I recently added 18 inch Forgeline wheels to my duster. The car previously had 18 inch Coys C-57 chrome. Should I go back to chrome?
Added the chrome pictures

Attachments

• IMG951425.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_20140424_162112_672.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 259
My Duster would have been that color too. But a local landscaper took sublime green to a crappy look by adding white to it and painting all his vehicles with the washed out Sublime.. So if I painted my car that color everyone would think it was his or they would think I copied him. Even though it would be brighter and look 10 times better the base color was still his company color.. Yeah it sucked but I'm ok with Citron Yella/ Curious yellow...Bill

The whole black wheel thing is fugly as can be to me, but to each his own! chrome looks better, but too big of a wheel also looks funny, like a life size "hot wheels" look.... what it comes down to is what do YOU like best?

I'd honestly go black over chrome. If it were my car it would be neither! Gunmetal, brushed, bronze, anything other than black or chrome

I think the black looks awesome! :thumbup: But I also think chrome wheels are completely obnoxious about 99% of the time, especially in the larger diameters. I wasn't even too sure about the silver finish on my 18" enkei RPF's. They may end up gunmetal yet.

Can you get silver or aluminum colored wheel caps? With the polished lugs it would highlight the black rims.

chrome looked much better.

black could look good, but you have so much other chrome the first wheels match better.

Keep the opinions coming. Id rather take opinions from the mopar community than anyone else. I just think the duster needed a change. I have always had chrome or polished wheels. 18 inch is the biggest wheel so far.

Chrome over Black for me. But as someone already said your ride your choice.
Do what you like and don't worry about anyone's opinion, your the only one you need to make happy.

Chrome, You can't tell what a black wheel is unless your standing on it. Might as run stock black rims. Just sayin...:)

Put up a full shot of the car with the black wheels.

I think the offset on the front wheels is not correct. It should be deeper I attached a few more pics.

Attachments

• 20141228_170117.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 216
  • 20141228_180034.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 20141229_180758.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 232
I think the offset on the front wheels is not correct. It should be deeper I attached a few more pics.
Pic with the chrome front wheel just seems deeper.

Attachments

• IMG_20130922_170501_382.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 182
I am a fan of black wheels. I think those black wheels look badass with the green

I think the black looks better than the all chrome.
I like the style of the chrome wheels, but it is just a little too much chrome, they might look better if the center was silver or a brushed finish.

-
Back