1972 Plymouth Duster 340 Firewall Help!!

-

scastillo

Reaction score
Hi,

A friend is selling me a 1972 Plymouth Duster 340 4 speed, I check all car and is matching #'s The Vin tag, door sticker and radiator support match, I have to see the rear panel driver side under the package tray that have also the last 8 numbers, but I have a doubt, the car have air condition but when I saw the firewall seems differents from others 72 plymouth cars that have A/C, the heater blower motor and the fittings hose of the A/C that come from the firewall I think that is the same from a 74 Duster, I believe that the car is not original and something happen with it, so If anyone in this forum can saw the picture of the car that I want to buy and confirm to me that the car have a 74 firewall advice me about it. I dont want to buy bogus car.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 741
  • IMA0.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 531
I do see that the heater blower motor is held in with 3 screws instead of four. I think they started that in '73. I know for sure '73 had that set up with the three screws.

If it's a U.S. version, the alternator, oil fill cap, wheel center caps and trim rings are incorrect but if it's an export model, who knows?

This is my '72 duster's firewall. Factory A/C. Notice the huge blower motor hole. Also the spot where the A/C lines go through the firewall is different. The two vertical holes to the left of the wiper motor are my A/C lines. The two horizontal holes are for heater hoses.

Of course, mine is a US car, if that makes a difference. You don't even seem to have heater hoses, so maybe the whole arrangement is different. In fact, it PROBABLY is.

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 805
Thanks to all, I check the fender tag, and have the u code that is not for export, I have others mopars with I code and are the same. I found that the car not match the last 8 vin numbers in the package tray area. I think that the guy found a donor body from a 73 or 74 and make a this horrible thing. When you see the car is very nice and the price ead 25K. Have some many incorrect items...The car was imported from Florida. I think that the guy bought a bogus car.

That's too bad. Nice car but somebody did somebody wrong by marketing it as real. It's a beautiful car, but it's not worth anywhere near that much now.

-
Back