-
Status
Not open for further replies.

CornDog

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have for sale a 1972 Plymouth Satellite that would make a great Road Runner clone. The car has a 318/904 that runs and drives fine. The trans will slip a little at first but once you drive it for a few miles, it shifts out fine. I have driven this car all over the place and haven't had any problems. This car isn't perfect by any means, but it's definately something that looks decent enough to take to your local cruise-in and have a good time. I took it to Cruisin the Coast earlier this month and drove it everywhere. It can sit in traffic and NOT run hot either. It's just a good ole car that could use some TLC here and there. The interior or exterior are not perfect, but presentable enough as it is. Fix the car up while you drive it. The floors and frame rails are solid. The trunk floor is solid for the most part with only a couple soft spots here and there. It isn't terrible though. The car has power steering and power drum brakes, both of which work great. It has factory A/C but it doesn't work. The car needs paint and body work to be show quality. The chrome isn't perfect. This is just a decent old car that you can have a good time in.... Mopars are expensive these days. This car would be great for someone that is just getting into the hobby. The car is located in Jackson, MS and has a clear Mississippi title that is readdy to sign over to the new owner. I am asking $3500 obo and I am also open to any trades. Feel free to email me with any questions and your offers. You can email me at [email protected]
Thanks
Justin
"CornDog"

72Satellite079.jpg

72Satellite091.jpg

72Satellite092.jpg

72Satellite087.jpg

72Satellite074.jpg

Love those cars :love7:
If I only I Had somewhere to keep it .
Good luck on the sale ,somebody's gonna get a sweet deal !8)

Didn't you have this same one for sale before, but it was painted orange? Why the black?

Have any pics of the interior?

What size rear end and gears?

Didn't you have this same one for sale before, but it was painted orange? Why the black?

Have any pics of the interior?

What size rear end and gears?

I did. I have pictures of it before I painted it black. Honestly, I painted it semi-black because the orange did not to the car justice. The orange had faded spots that appeared like rust when in reality, it was only red oxide primer underneath. In my opinion, the black just looks so much better. I'll have to check (can't remember right now) but I'm pretty sure the rearend is an 8 1/4... it's definately not an 8 3/4. As for the gears, I do not know. Probably 2.76. I'll post interior pictures this evening.

Justin
"CornDog"

Don't get me wrong, Justin, I love the look of the black, too. I need to show this to my son, he wants his Duster painted like that. I was just curious why you painted over the orange. And I really DO like those '71s and '72s with the loop front bumper.

In all honesty, what are (if any) its major drawbacks? Any mechanical, electrical, or suspension issues? Really would like to see condition of interior.

Sorry for such a slow reply. I didn't get back on the computer last night. Here are a couple pictures of the interior. As for mechanicals..... the rides down the road fine. If you listen carefully while driving you can hear what sounds like a worn wheel bearing on the right front. I have not checked, but that is what it sounds like to me. The car goes down the road straight. I would guess that the previous owner installed the shackles in the rear maybe from sagging leaf springs. The wiring has been hacked into in a few places which is pretty common for an almost 40 year old car that was used as a daily driver more than 90% of its life. The lady that I bought the car from purchased it in 1973.... so you can pretty much say she is the original owner. This car was her primary means of transportaion until around 2003 when she purchased another vehicle. She then drove this car mostly on weekends. Some of the wiring repairs could have been done a lot nicer, but to her... it wasn't a collector car... just something to get from point A to point B. If I were to keep it, I would want the harness to appear and function like it did from the factory. I would have to replace the jumped wiring. I would replace the harness with a new or used piece.

As for the interior, the seats were recovered with black vinyl a few years back but the rest of the interior is worn and was dyed black by the previous owner's son. The headliner is saging and should be replaced (which can not be seen in the photos.

Like I said before, this car isn't perfect by any means, but it is definately something you can have fun in and ride around while you fix it up.... or just park it and totally restore it from ground up.

Justin
"CornDog"

72Satellite061.jpg

72ply083.jpg

72ply002.jpg

72ply082.jpg

if youre interested,pm me,or email me.You can go see it here of course i havent updated the pics of it lately,since the grille is installed,and i havent tested the car at the track yet either. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=30030&highlight=got+a+forsale+project+going

Sorry for the slow reply. Been out of town for the past couple days. Nice car. Could you send me pictures of the car in its current condition? You can post them here or email them to me at [email protected]

Thanks
Justin
"CornDog"

Basically its a .030 over 318,with federal mogul flat tops,ported and gasket matched 302 casting heads,on mp thin head gaskets.It has a lunati voodoo cam,with 494/513 lift,weiand stealth intake,mp windage tray,holley 600 vaccum secondary carb,procomp electronics hei dis,with all msd internals.The trans is a rebuilt 77 904,lockup,that i got out of a cordoba with only like 1000 miles on it.I didnt know it was a lockup until i took it out.It still has a 7.25 in it,with some high gears.It only turns like 2000 rpms at 60ish mph.It has 15x7?small bolt ralleys on the rear right now with 255/70/15s on it.Its real strong,but would be wicked fast with some lower gears,like 3.91s.It has a B&M megashifter in it,aftermarket buckets,summit racing electric fuel system,fuel cell,etc,etc,etc.Way more than i can remeber.It rides good,drives like a dart does with manual steering,manual drums,wich i like how they drive.It has no heater in it,because i wanted to go with an aftermarket heat/ac unit that was smaller and lighter than stock.anything else,see pics or ask,ill tell ya what i can.Thanks,Toby

Hi yall,
I stumbled across this great forum and just registered...
Justin, I sent you an e-mail to your yahoo email link- "CornDog 05"
with my personal contact info & cell#...
I may be interested in this 72 Satellite / RoadRunner clone, but I do better talking in person or by cell phone if you can...
I work in my families business monitoring gas & oil wells & sometimes cannot email or even get good cell service at times...
If you will, Please contact me back when you get a chance...
Thanks & God Bless,
Sambo M.

Hi yall,
I stumbled across this great forum and just registered...
Justin, I sent you an e-mail to your yahoo email link- "CornDog 05"
with my personal contact info & cell#...
I may be interested in this 72 Satellite / RoadRunner clone, but I do better talking in person or by cell phone if you can...
I work in my families business monitoring gas & oil wells & sometimes cannot email or even get good cell service at times...
If you will, Please contact me back when you get a chance...
Thanks & God Bless,
Sambo M.

P.S.

Justin, I have ALSO left you a pm with info as well...
Thanks & God Bless...
Sambo M.

Toby,
Hope as a newbee I didnt do or say anthing wrong ? ? ?
Sambo M.
These 71-72 roadrunners and clones are my dream car,and for the last 20 plus years,everytime i get close to owning one,it slips through my fingers.Im sure you know how it is.I have actually learned to live with the idea i may not own one,so its no biggie anymore.

What did you get for it if you dont mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back