1972 Scamp exhaust ideas

-

Gib Warnick

'65 Valiant signet
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My 72 Scamp has a 318- totally original car with only 16,000 miles. Going to add dual exhaust. Bought new repro stainless tips with matching brackets. Any recommendations for exhaust system? Anyone have one to recommend they are using? keeping original exhaust manifolds.
Or is finding a local shop to make them up better? Thanks

Last edited:
I had good luck with a exhaust shop the first time and not so much the second time. Hooking to the manifolds will need some fabrication anyway unless you go Accurate Exhaust or TTI. Big bucks....
If you know a good exhaust shop that you trust that would be a good option.
Welcome to Accurate Exhaust Products, Ltd
http://www.ttiexhaust.com/MoparClassics-Exhaust/Exhaust_Syst_MW.htm

With a little work a lot of people really like the Summit/Jegs system. Might be possible to use you old down pipes.
1972 DODGE DART Summit Racing® Header-Back Dual Exhaust Systems SUM-680144
Don't get the Pypes kit....sucks....

Last edited:
If the car is mobile and you have a competent local shop, that's best. Ours wasn't mobile. Accurate exhaust is best in my opinion. Factory fit, like a glove. Quality pipe, also.

I had good luck with a exhaust shop the first time and not so much the second time. Hooking to the manifolds will need some fabrication anyway unless you go Accurate Exhaust or TTI. Big bucks....
If you know a good exhaust shop that you trust that would be a good option.
Welcome to Accurate Exhaust Products, Ltd
http://www.ttiexhaust.com/MoparClassics-Exhaust/Exhaust_Syst_MW.htm

With a little work a lot of people really like like the Summit/Jegs system. Might be possible to use you old down pipes.
1972 DODGE DART Summit Racing® Header-Back Dual Exhaust Systems SUM-680144
Don't get the Pypes kit....sucks....
Thanks I appreciate you taking time to help
I checked out accurate- used for Commando system for my 65 Signet

Problem is- my exhaust manifolds are different than 340's- right?

I checked out the Summit set up but it is for headers and doesn't mention tailpipes are for tips...

I guess I have to check out local shops...

If the car is mobile and you have a competent local shop, that's best. Ours wasn't mobile. Accurate exhaust is best in my opinion. Factory fit, like a glove. Quality pipe, also.

Yup= car is a driver- just took out original plugs and replaced original date coded plug wires last fall

BTW was that 16 or 16,000 miles? Either way it's really cool but 16, that would be something to see.

Thanks I appreciate you taking time to help
I checked out accurate- used for Commando system for my 65 Signet

Problem is- my exhaust manifolds are different than 340's- right?

I checked out the Summit set up but it is for headers and doesn't mention tailpipes are for tips...

I guess I have to check out local shops...

Yes, 340 would have a flange at least on one side, I think. 318 has ball and socket on both sides. That's why accurate exhaust wants to know casting numbers. But, they have what you need no problem.

But, if they're competent, always good to support your local shop.

Yea- 16K is what I thought I typed- I noticed it just now when I signed on and corrected it
Just discovered that Accurate now has a complete set up to add duals to 318 car- Expensive with even 10% off "clean10"
Shipping is a killer- will be just over a grand total. My thought was to get tailpipes from Classic and rest have done locally.
I think Accurate is the best bet- quality and complete. I am going to call to see if they will be coming anywhere close to me for a show- Carlilse, etc I live just west of Baltimore MD

Just discovered that Accurate now has a complete set up to add duals to 318 car- Expensive with even 10% off "clean10"
Shipping is a killer- will be just over a grand total. My thought was to get tailpipes from Classic and rest have done locally.
I think Accurate is the best bet- quality and complete. I am going to call to see if they will be coming anywhere close to me for a show- Carlilse, etc I live just west of Baltimore MD
Yea, I complained about the shipping also and they gave me 20% off I think :) It helped.

Yea, I complained about the shipping also and they gave me 20% off I think :) It helped.
Thanks for all your help folks- appreciate it
Accurate needs exhaust manifold #s. No way I could see on engine in car- tried mirrors- pictures with cell phone- works great a lot of times for stuff- can even expand to see clearer- not this time. don't want to guess----but
Every thing i could find on internet points to LT is 3614395 and RT 2843953... I am going to call Accurate later but-
can anyone confirm what is/was on their 1972 318????? thanks again

Just had dual exhaust installed on the 71 2dr valiant today. Local shop, 40 series style, x pipe, pencil tips. $700 complete. Excellent work, did exact same set up on our fury for $690. Will do the exhaust on our duster soon.

-
Back