-
Status
Not open for further replies.

demon sizzler

Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Contact seller
For sale, a **very nicely detailed** '73 340 automatic trans ThermoQuad model 6319. It has been completely disassembled, cleaned, glass beaded and rebuilt. Both ends of the throttle shaft have been bushed with real brass fabricated custom bushings and clearanced for proper fit to the throttle shaft by me. The top, base were completely disassembled and glass beaded, with the pri and 2ndary shafts, butterflies and springs removed. The top was completely stripped of the internals, the 2ndary emulsion tubes, 2ndary air door and parts and the 2ndary lockout shaft and parts so that the glass beading was done correctly.

The base, bowl and top are all the correct matching numbers:
The primary jets are the correct 4098 jets(.095" id), the 2ndary jets are the correct 5137(.137" id), the metering rods are the correct 1966's. Also the accelerator pump nozzle cluster is the correct id's.

The top and base in addition to the glass beading, has a hi temp ceramic cast aluminum coating so the elements will not corrode it.

Oem brass floats were used in the rebuild, with new lower and upper bowl gaskets, internal kit parts such as new correct X-style o-rings, new pump, well cover and transfer tube. All internal/external adjustments have been made but you will have to adjust the choke when installed on an engine and I will supply full instructions for this.

I have a lot of pics before, during and after the build, so just ask for these. Price is $195 shipped in the lower 48 states. Pm me for more info, David.

Atlanta Ga

Attachments

• DSC00081.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 679
  • DSC00085.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 745
  • DSC00086.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 692
  • DSC00088.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 668
Yes I am still building carbs! I have two in the works now. Also I am doing more work to the carbs so that the builds are better than ever.

The changes to the builds are as follows:

1)fully glass beaded tops with all remove-able parts stripped down to a basically part-less top, before the initial cleaning, then the top is glass beaded and washed out and reassembled after the hi temp ceramic coating is applied,

2)the base is tripped to a bare casting, cleaned and then glass beaded, machined for my custom made/fitted brass throttle bushings and then the pri shaft is properly fitted and everything is re-assemble,

3)all moving parts are completely cleaned and straightened and coated with the hi-temp coating,

4)the bow is treated on the outside with a special coating that looks like a factory polish.

If you don't want the detail work, I can do it that way too but every carb gets all the cleaning and the new brass throttle bushings.

This does add to the price and my time but you get what you pay for, a great performing and looking carb. Check out some pics and let me know what you think, David.

Attachments

• DSC09906.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 598
  • DSC09903.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 608
  • DSC09867.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 628
  • DSC09823.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 645
  • DSC09822.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 730
  • DSC09808.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 616
  • DSC09789.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 656
  • DSC09909.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 645
Thanks guys! It takes a lot of work to get these results but I think it will pay off for the end user.

Adam, pm me and I am sure I can help you, David.

I have an 850 competiion series thermoquad loved it .. It has been sitting for about 30 years Think you can bring it back to life. Im building a 360 and would like to put this one on it.

Frank

whats the difference between an auto trans. carb and a manual trans carb.

i have a 73 340 but i have a manual transmission ....can i use an auto carb or is there more to it and some other reason it wont work??

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back