-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightweights4me

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a Numbers Matching 1973 Duster 340, Bucket Seat, Floor Console Automatic Shifted 727, 3.55 Sure-Grip, Real TB3 Petty Blue / Basin Street Blue with White Stripes & White Bucket Seats, White Door Panels and Black Dash and interior trim. This car has it's Original Dash Vin Plate, Original Fender Tag, Numbers Matching standard bore 340, Numbers Matching 727 Automatic Transmission, Partial Vin in Radiator Support & Numbers in the Trunk Drip Rail..... The car is disassembled and will need a complete restoration although the Firewall & Engine Compartment and Inner Fenders are Rock solid..... Frame Rails and Torsion Bar Mounts are also Rock Solid...... New AMD Trunk Pan installed... Both Trunk Extensions along with AMD Lower Rear Quarter Patch Panels.... One Floor Pan was replaced. The engine and transmission are out of the car and engine is apart for inspection.... nice clean Matching Numbers Block with very little ridge in cylinders...could possibly build at standard bore? The original Cylinder Heads are nice and complete although will need to be gone over during rebuild....crank is nice...Correct Clean Original 340 Air Cleaner & Original Exhaust Manifolds, Original Valve Covers..... The car is equipped with Power Disc Brakes up front, Power Steering, Bucket Seats & Floor Console, Originally an "R21" AM-FM Radio car although it has an aftermarket 8 track installed from back in the day... The car still has it's original Dash with the instrument cluster and Nice Original Black Dash Pad, Bucket seats & Floor Console, Rear Seat, worn original door panels, seat belts.....The car will need a complete restoration and is a roller but is pretty much complete minus some odds and ends.. Nice set of Original Rally Wheels with Vintage Goodyear Polyglas GT Tires...... The Manual Sunroof appears to be complete and was working fine when removed for restoration. This will make an absolutely stunning car when restored. It's a roller. I have no pictures at this time but I'm hoping to post some before the week is through. This is a project that will not be for everyone but absolutely worth the effort. You don't see many 1973 Duster 340's in Petty Blue with White Stripes & White Bucket Seat / Floor Console Interior with a Factory Sunroof and all Matching Numbers!!! Thanks for reading and please only serious inquiries. The car is located just outside of Philly PA and I can assist for loading on your trailer or help with shipping arrangements. Please PM me with any questions or concerns. I'm asking $5200 or an interesting Mopar trade..... Lightweights4me Philadelphia PA :burnout:

i have a numbers matching 1973 duster 340, bucket seat, floor console automatic shifted 727, 3.55 sure-grip, real tb3 petty blue / basin street blue with white stripes & white bucket seats, white door panels and black dash and interior trim. This car has it's original dash vin plate, original fender tag, numbers matching standard bore 340, numbers matching 727 automatic transmission, partial vin in radiator support & numbers in the trunk drip rail..... The car is disassembled and will need a complete restoration although the firewall & engine compartment and inner fenders are rock solid..... Frame rails and torsion bar mounts are also rock solid...... New amd trunk pan installed... Both trunk extensions along with amd lower rear quarter patch panels.... One floor pan was replaced. The engine and transmission are out of the car and engine is apart for inspection.... Nice clean matching numbers block with very little ridge in cylinders...could possibly build at standard bore? The original cylinder heads are nice and complete although will need to be gone over during rebuild....crank is nice...correct clean original 340 air cleaner & original exhaust manifolds, original valve covers..... The car is equipped with power disc brakes up front, power steering, bucket seats & floor console, originally an "r21" am-fm radio car although it has an aftermarket 8 track installed from back in the day... The car still has it's original dash with the instrument cluster and nice original black dash pad, bucket seats & floor console, rear seat, worn original door panels, seat belts.....the car will need a complete restoration and is a roller but is pretty much complete minus some odds and ends.. Nice set of original rally wheels with vintage goodyear polyglas gt tires...... The manual sunroof appears to be complete and was working fine when removed for restoration. This will make an absolutely stunning car when restored. It's a roller. i have no pictures at this time but i'm hoping to post some before the week is through. this is a project that will not be for everyone but absolutely worth the effort. You don't see many 1973 duster 340's in petty blue with white stripes & white bucket seat / floor console interior with a factory sunroof and all matching numbers!!! Thanks for reading and please only serious inquiries. The car is located just outside of philly pa and i can assist for loading on your trailer or help with shipping arrangements. Please pm me with any questions or concerns. I'm asking $5200 or an interesting mopar trade..... Lightweights4me philadelphia pa :burnout:

he's gonna get pics,,,
just don't forget to post them

Thank you. I will have pictures and a more comprehensive description in the coming week. I'll photograph numbers, fender tag, engine, trans, body & interior. The #'s Matching Vin Stamped 340 engine has the incorrect Thermoquad but I'm looking for a correct 6319s otherwise I believe the engine to be correct from oil pan to air cleaner, correct exhaust manifolds, cylinder heads, #'s vin stamped Transmission, driveshaft, 3.55 Sure-Grip 8 1/4" rear, cross member...all there. I don't think the engine was ever apart before it was disassembled for the rebuild that never happened. Dash complete, original Floor Console in place, rear seat in place, door panels there but tired.... Glass is all there...bumpers removed but good for restoration... Grill and Bezels, taillights, nice steering wheel, fender top turn signal car, power steering, power disc brakes, inside Hood release, chrome racing style mirrors, factory AM-FM Radio car, Chrome Exhaust Tip car, Original Rally Wheels with nice Center Caps.....A Non Vinyl Roof Petty Blue PROJECT but worthy of restoration... Numbers matching 73 Duster 340 Petty Blue top & bottom with Original Sunroof Option, White Side Stripes, White Rear Panel Stripe, White Bucket Seats, White Door Panels, Black Dash, Black Carpet....Cool Combination. I was hoping I'd find the time for this restoration but its not gonna happen soon so I'll keep collecting better pieces, nos and new parts to make the job easier for the next owner or for myself if it doesn't find a home soon. It needs a restoration but has some extremely strong points and it would be stunning done correctly in Petty Blue & White. Thanks again for the classified. I will get the pictures up by weeks end and please PM me with questions or send me your contact information or your welcome to have mine. The car is in Philly PA....Lightweights4me

I'm going to try to post the Dash Vin, Fender Tag, 340 Engine Casting Numbers, Casting Date, Assembly Date & Block Vin Stamping as well as the Transmission Vin Stamping, Radiator Support Vin Stamping tonight. I won't be able to photograph the body & interior until this coming weekend. The car is in a garage that's to small to take proper photos of the body so I'll need to wait until the weekend to get help with moving the car in and out of the garage. I've always had trouble trying to post photos to this website so any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help with loading photos...... Lightweights4me Philly PA

This Petty Blue #'s Matching 73 Duster 340 Sunroof car is a car that I've been chasing for 2 decades and lost track of it's whereabouts around 10-12 years back. Keep in mind that I have been the caretaker of many Original Sunroof equipped Mopar Muscle cars over the last 35 years and rarely turned down the opportunity to buy a nice original Sunroof car that was really interesting to me whether it be by it's drivetrain combination, color combination or other options besides the Sunroof.... it was often a combination of all of these things has led to my purchases. I have been very fortunate in having owned at least 18 Original Sunroof cars over the years and most were nice original Survivors ranging from Challenger R/T's to 71 GTX to 1972 Demon, 1973 Roadrunner and a fairly lengthy list of other A, B & even several C Body Sunroof cars..... I even owned the only known 1972 Fury Sport Suburban Woody 9 Passenger 440 Station Wagon with every factory option including the Sunroof & Floor Hump Mounted Cassette Player Dictafone, spotlight, dual A/C Police Gauge Package with Certified Speedometer and much more........ I bought this 1972 Fury Wagon back in 2000 from the second owner still wearing most of it's original paint and in very clean turnkey original condition. It's funny but I saw that car trade hands several times over the years after I parted with it for less than $5000..... last time I saw the car it was priced around $50,000 ..... Anyway...always loved unusual Mopars and Sunroof cars have always received my immediate attention. Keep in mind that I don't often buy project cars but in this case, there was just too much history and too many cool things going for this car. I had to buy it! This Petty Blue Duster 340 Sunroof car came back into my life around a year ago and I was trying to buy it at that time but there seemed to be some sort of issue concerning the whereabouts of the title at that time so I patiently waited on the owner. I continued to communicate with the owner for the better part of the last year when he called me a few weeks ago and told me that he had the title and wanted to know if I'd like to be the first one to take a look & buy it before he started to advertise it.. I drove up to his home a few days later and I purchased the car.... Yes this was recently. As we all know, life can change at the drop of a hat and although I would love to do the restoration of this very cool Sunroof Duster 340, I just don't see me getting around to it anytime soon. In the meantime I have been purchasing parts to help aid in the restoration for the cars next caretaker or for myself if it doesn't find a good home. This car was advertised as being all original and complete and although the car is very original overall, it did have a few things changed or swapped out over the years like most old Muscle cars. There are also a few things missing so I am trying to make the car complete for the restoration. The car was missing the correct carb & air cleaner so I've purchased the air cleaner and I have a line on the 6319s Thermoquad carb.... also missing some things like the Chrome Exhaust tips which are readily available and the car was missing it's correct Rally Wheels which I purchased along with the correct Center Caps. The steering wheel was swapped out so it will come with a nice clean original to replace the aftermarket wheel and the original AM-FM Radio was missing so I've purchased s nice original Factory AM-FM Radio as well. I have purchased quite a few pieces for the car. This is a very cool project and absolutely worthy of restoration with rock solid frame rails, clean engine compartment, firewall and inner fenders...all rock solid.... cross-member area where the torsion bars mount is rust free....These are areas that are very important to me and I would much rather replace lower quarters than replace the frame rails or the front inner fenders which are a major job to replace....... Anyway.... I purchased the Duster 340 with good intentions and I will continue to make the car better with the parts purchases that I'm making and the little work that I'm doing. Hopefully it will find the right guy who appreciates the very unusual color combination along with the rarity of the Sunroof and the fact that it still has it's "born with" Numbers Matching 340 engine, 727 Automatic Transmission and 3.55 Sure-Grip rear end. I am open to offers and I will surely be happy to show the car to anyone that has any sincere interest. Thanks for the question and by all means PM me if you have a specific question. I have tried numerous times to post the fender tag pictures as well as the engine, trans, dash vin & radiator support numbers photos but I can't figure out how to do it. If you'd like to PM me with your email address then I can send you pictures of the Fender Tag, Dash Vin, Radiator Support Vin Number, 340 Engine Casting Numbers, Casting Date, Engine Assembly Date, Engine Vin Stamping & the Transmission Vin Stamping... I also have pictures of the Casting Numbers & Date Codes on the Exhaust Manifolds and Intake Manifold as well as the Cylinder Heads. Thanks again and my sincere apologies for this very long response .... I'd rather be long winded than leave anything to the imagination so by all means, fire away with any questions. Thank you for the Classified.............Lightweights4me Philly PA :burnout:

My apologies for the lack of photos but I've had absolutely no luck with adding photos to this site. I've had several extremely kind members take the time to walk me through the process and still I can't get the pictures to load. Please PM me if you would like to see any of the pictures that I have. Thanks again for the classified and many thanks to the guys who helped me....Lightweights4me :burnout:

I have a Powder Blue 74 sunroof that's a project with a 318, I be willing to trade for a 72?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back